Thursday, September 26, 2013

A SPECIAL TREAT

 
One of the Special Treat's of this trip has been getting to visit with dear friends that who are getting up in years.  In fact Richard is 101 and still has a wonderful sense of humor.   We were able to visit his at the rest home and had several laughs as he shared his stories with us.  He and his wife (who has gone to be with the Lord) were faithful members of our church, and when his wife could no longer come to services, we would go out to their home on first Sunday and serve them Communion.

The body is wasting away, but his mind and faith are strong as ever.  What a blessing knowing Heaven is your home and Richard is looking forward to it.  So am I.

7 comments:

  1. What a precious picture. I know he was thrilled to have you visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks absolutely thrilled that you and Don are visiting! So cute. And you, my dear, look gorgeous in that photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Richard certainly has been blessed with a long and wonderful life. So nice that you were able to visit him. My mom's neighbor just turned 94 and I loved meeting her this past summer. I didn't know anyone she was talking about but still loved hearing her stories. She kept saying "my kids" and my mom said "you know, her kids are 70 years old." Ha! No matter how old your kids get, they are still your kids. :) Best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this Wanda! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It takes a special friend to be there always. Your friends are doubly blessed!

    Today a friend suggested taking my little friend Rocky to a nursing home. She loves to talk and would brighten up many a day with her sunshiny disposition.

    ReplyDelete
  6. how lovely! As indeed was your comment on the CT last post. Thank you again. I wrote a reply there too but just wanted to say, i hope you stay in touch. big thing happening on my end so do stay follow along.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful photo of you! You're so beautiful! :) Very touching post that moved my heart this early morning.

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)