Thursday, August 8, 2013

CREATIVE TUESDAY ~ "FOREST"

 
One of the most feared; but absolutely magnificent in its majestic and powerful presence is the bear.  No one wants to meet one in the FOREST, especially the Grizzly or a Black bear with her cubs.  This bear is looking to catch a fish for her hungry cubs.
 
When I was a young girl, we camped every year in Yosemite National Forest.  We saw many bears from a distance, and heard them as they turned over garbage cans.   Today, those garbage bins are designed to discourage bears for coming in the camp ground.
 
This is watercolor using a technique of dabbing on many colors to give the fur a more mosaic look.
 
To see all the takes on "Forest" be sure to click on the Creative Tuesday badge on my sidebar and take time to enjoy all the artist's renditions.  
 
 

14 comments:

  1. Love that mosaic effect, Wanda! He is beautiful!! blessings ~ tanna
    ps glad you are creating sunshine!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great painting of Mrs. Bear. :) I suppose Goldilocks is home, trying out her porridge! ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the bear and your technique too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful technique, you have painted one very good looking bear!!!!!! Must have lots of wonderful memories from thos camping days,

    ReplyDelete
  5. He's a very colorful bear, but especially realist from a little further away. Mine started out as a deer, but ended up like a fox! Oh well, whatever is in the eye of the beholder. That's a fascinating technique.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the texture of your bear painting! The multiple colors add so much depth! Beautiful art.

    ReplyDelete
  7. He is a beautiful symbol of the forest, so nicely done! Wonderful technique Wanda!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Visiting from Creative Tuesdays - I think your bear is magnificent! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have painted a bear that looks very kind and gentle. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wanda, your painting skills are so wonderful. Mrs bear is so beautifully rendered and although such a powerful beast you have made her look soft.

    ReplyDelete
  11. you've done niecly with the technique. it's wonderful!

    have a sweet day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow, you have the scary bears out there - we have black bears which are still intimidating but less deadly I hear. Wonderful watercolour! If I did it as well as yu I'd not stop doing it either :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. It really is a majestic painting too, Wanda. LOVE LOVE it. So well done. I don't normally like animal photos or paintings as they get too tight and realistic, lacking any emotion but your style here really adds to it. I love it.

    BTW, LOVE your masthead picture too. Please vicariously invite me over for tea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is absolutely beautiful, Wanda. I LOVE this piece. You really are a wonderful watercolor artist! I hope to learn from you. :)

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)