Sunday, August 11, 2013

BACKPACKS AND SMILES


Saturday I had so much fun helping my good friend, Valerie's three daughters personalize and decorate their new backpacks for school.  They were given the backpacks by my friend, Linda but they were very plain, and you know how little girls like decorations and color so Linda invited me over to see I could draw some outlines they could color in.

 
We ask them what each wanted me to draw on their backpack and as you can see, we got a butterfly  with flowers, a horse named Felix, and an apple tree full of ripe apples.

I did the outline.  The girls with permanent markers and some paint for fabric filled in the color.  With a small amount of help and guidance, I think they did an excellent job.  You can see from the smiles they were so please with their "Newly Decorated Backpacks". 

11 comments:

  1. They look good Wanda, I wouldn't be surprised if their friends come calling for some backpack customization.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think when they are asked where they bought them, they can say "I did it". They were so happy.

      Delete
  2. Awesome!! I love the smiles on their faces and I know they appreciate and enjoyed your help and the fun of making their backpacks their very own! blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are precious little girls. Nothing like making a child happy and built confidence in their artwork.

      Delete
  3. oh, that is great! They will remember that forever! And they look awesome, too. What cute girls. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Betsy, I love helping them make memories. The two bottom girls are twins at 5 and their sister on top is 7.

      Delete
  4. Oh Wanda, what a fun thing to do for those girls. Our church has an annual project of buying and filling backpacks for kids of single moms. They have to be neutral since we don't know whether a boy or girl will receive them. I hope some of the bags we filled for kids will be decorated by a creative thinker like you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great idea, filling backpacks for single moms.

      Delete
  5. Delightful Wanda.
    Those are precious girls with such special backpacks. I love how proud they are of their work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. I should check my spelling better. Had to delete the first reply I sent.

      The little girls are precious, and go to our church. Their mom is the one I've been teaching some cooking skills. She now makes her own banana bread.

      Delete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)