Tuesday, August 20, 2013

ABC WEDNESDAY ~ LETTER "F"

 
Just as your car's filters need periodic  changing to keep your car running smooth, our liver is our bodies human filter.  Periodically, it also needs a good cleaning.  The first two weeks of August, I did just this with the FAT FLUSH detox diet.  Thus the letter "F" this week is for FAT FLUSH.
During the two weeks you give up coffee, tea, salt, pepper, sugar and all carbs and dairy products.  You replace your normal liquids with a mix of unsweetened, undiluted cranberry juice and water.  64 oz a day.  One cup of hot lemon juice (1/2 lemon to Cup of water).
 
Make your liver happy!

You have a daily menu of lean meat, veggies, fruits.  You are never hungry as you get three healthy meals, meals a day plus fruit snacks during the day.

The result of my 2 week detox was feeling great (once I got over my caffeine headache) and lost 10 pounds with out feeling hungry once.

I plan to do this twice a year.  Then slowly adding back in the things you've given up to maintain the weight loss.

To see all the other reasons to use the letter "F" just click on the ABC Badge on my sidebar.

Images from googleimagaes.com

9 comments:

  1. Good for you! This is very interesting! And 10 pounds is great! Come see what I had for lunch today..haha...it would not be approved for the fat flush! lol....

    ReplyDelete
  2. good for you!!!Healthy healthy!!Yes , best not go to Betsy, i just came from there and it will tempt you, I'm sure, well it does have fruit in it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It pays to be aware of what goes on in your body!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds great and I am sure that I should have to follow this diet!
    Thanks for the advice.
    Wil, ABCW Team.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that sounds VERY tempting!
    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I may have to try the Fat Flush. I need to do something.
    Good for you and 10 pounds and a healthy liver.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oof! You're way more brave than I am, Wanda. It takes next to nothing to set my stomach
    astray I'd be scared to death to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ever since I tried the lemon and maple syrup concoction, just the thought of anything lemon is revolting.

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)