Tuesday, July 9, 2013

TURNING TEN

 
We have some lovely neighbors.  They moved in next door about a year ago, and we have become good friends.  Their son, Dante has spent a lot of time with our grandson's Jon and Nick when they come to visit. Dante's mom, Huong is a wonderful cook and has brought us some delicious dishes from her country Vietnam.  Bret ask if I would bake a birthday cake for Dante and I was pleased to do so.  Last night we were invited over to share some cake and celebrate Dante turning 10 years old.  His first Decade.

Having good neighbors is a blessing.  We have good ones, on both sides, and across the street.  I can hardly believe we've lived here over 5 years.

10 comments:

  1. Good neighbours are wonderful even if its just to live in harmony.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice neighbors really do enhance a community.

      Delete
  2. Very sweet photos, and good neighbors are a blessing. Hope he had a great birthday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the photo's were nice too. Such a nice family.

      Delete
  3. You are the most beautiful grandma I have ever seen. :)
    Happy tenth birthday to Dante! What a great looking cake too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make me blush! But thank's so much for the compliment. The cake turned out better than I thought it would, as I rather messed up my decorations trying to make the blue scallops and had to use a Q-tip to repair them. They went from dark blue to turquois mixing with the white, which I liked. HaHa.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wanda, you are the kind of neighbor we all dream of having and aspire to be. Dante looks like such a nice young man! I know he enjoyed your cake! blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have really good neighbors too. That works both ways.

      Dante is quite a little gentlemen.

      Delete
  6. So nice to have good neighbors. Blessings to all, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are really blessed.
    Good neighbors...good friends.
    I believe Dante really felt special having a birthday cake and party.
    Great eternal memories.

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)