Saturday, July 27, 2013

THOUGHTS FOR SUNDAY

 
Psalms 90:8 "You have set our iniquities before you, our secret sins in the light of your presence.



Sitting on the couch, sipping a cup of tea my Bible open on my lap.  Reading Psalm 90.  As I read a beam of sun came through the window, and exposed what appeared to be a clean room. 

I was amazed at the dust on the coffee table, and a couple of spots on the carpet.  Yes, that sunbeam was exposing my dust and dirt. 

This verse suddenly had new and profound meaning for me.  I drew a little picture in the margin of my Bible and wrote "God pervades us as the sunbeam reveals all the impurities in our life! Search me O God!



Dear Heavenly Father, help me not to be afraid of your sunbeam revealing my secret sins.  This is only for my purification.  Help me to see it, confess it, and get on with basking in your light, and the light of your Word.  I love you. Amen.

(This is also my thoughts and prayer I used for The Daily Prayer Blog)

10 comments:

  1. A beautiful prayer and beautiful thoughts. Isn't He just wonderful to reveal such truths to His kids?

    (In a different light, the word sunbeam always brings to mind a song we sang as kids that Mom taught us - Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam. Did you ever sing that?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, we sang that in Sunday School, and also in the Good News Clubs I taught. So much truth in that little song.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw that "clean looking" television screen is really a dirty smeary mess in the morning sunlight. Actually, I felt like a dirty, smeary mess int his morning's sunlight too. Isn't it amazing how God reveals the dirt?

    I can't help but think of Debbie and Dodie Rogers whenever I hear that song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZ4JrYlxcbI&list=PL5411E2336A9D3E37&index=6

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing what that sunbeam shows. Almost scary. I'm going to the Youtube and listen to the song.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for that site. I remember how much I loved listening to them sing those songs. My cousin had the record and it had a yellow label. I loved it. Have Faith, Hope and Charity - that's the way to live successfully.

      Delete
    3. Nonnie, my parents had the album and I loved it! I was so disappointed when I found it broken in half.

      Delete
  5. What a wonderful, practical devotional. I'm always amazed at the dust I can see when the sun shines in! I'll think of it differently next time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent illustration and illumination for this verse, Wanda! blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, how simple yet so profound.
    Bible study here tonight and I am about to attack the dust myself.
    I think God's sunlight has been working on me lately too.

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)