Monday, July 22, 2013

SANTA BARBARA VISIT


A rather quick weekend in Santa Barbara.  Not time for many pictures.  We got there on Saturday afternoon.  Took a walk to the pier and the flowers along the sidewalk are so beautiful and colorful.

 
It was an overcast day, and not many people on the beach or boardwalk.  I had a couple of gifts to buy for a grandson's birthday, and another grandson's Kick Off party and then off to college.  The shops on the boardwalk are always fun to shop at.

It was fun to hear my dearest preach, as that was the reason we were in Santa Barbara.  Don is filling in for our friend and Chaplin at a Retirement Center while they were on a vacation.  We get to do a repeat next weekend.  Always fun to go back to Santa Barbara as we have memories of living there in the 70's.

4 comments:

  1. what wonderful photos, it must be so awe inspiring to sit and hear your hubby preach, that is so cool, you must be so proud,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was Laurie....I have always loved hearing him share the Word of God.

      Delete
  2. What gorgeous flowers. I have been to a few beaches, but never one with a boardwalk or shops. You have to be so proud of your sweetheart as you listen to him and enjoy your time there with the sweet memories from all those years ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a misty, overcast day, but it was still lovely. Yes, I do love hearing my man share God's Word. There were two services. The first is for the residents that live in the complex, and the second for those in the rest home. It was great to see all those wheeled in their wheel chairs, to hear a message, some slept, some can't hear, but they were there!!! I love that.

      Delete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)