Friday, July 5, 2013

RANDOM SLICES OF LIFE

Got my Apricot Jam made from the bag of apricots we got from our cousin in Bakersfield.  Yum, yum my favorite.  This is the first time I've had two kinds of homemade jelly and jam in my pantry for a long time.

Don and I stayed home 4th of July, so I made us an "indoor picnic" of a "bun less" hamburger smothered in grilled onions, bell peppers and mushrooms, a pickle and a corn on the cob on the side!  Molly was rather nervous with the fireworks going on.

And Jill just sent me a new picture of Tristan at 3 weeks.  What a serious little guy.  They live in the forest, and she said he loves looking out the windows at the trees.  Knowing his daddy, I'm sure he'll have a tree house when he's big enough.  I told her make it strong enough for Grandma to climb up with him...HaHa.

Hope your 4th was enjoyable.  Today the grandson's and the neighbor boy are coming over and we're going to see a movie.   What's in your plans today?

6 comments:

  1. Wanda, he is seriously observing everything around him and when he is big enough, he will tell you all about it, I am sure.
    I found a Martha Stewart recipe for apricot chicken, which is sooooo delicious, using apricot jam.
    Kate and Jack stayed last night after fireworks, so I am recovering from the morning activities with them. Our friends are coming over and we will meet up with others at the Greek restaurant we love.
    Happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Jimmy used to stare at everything. He was still observing at two years old, and three, and four... Now he has a great eye for details. They are learning ALL the time.

    Love your jams. I need to clean all the "junk" out of my jelly cabinet and find at least one shelf to store my jam on. You wouldn't believe what collected up in there when we got rid of our entertainment center.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet photo of the baby. Such a blessing. Your jam looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Homemade jam. Yummy! It's funny how some babies seem so sleepy while others are wide eyed and ready to take on the world. Tristan is a cutie! Looking at trees is one of my favorite things to do, too. :) Best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wanda, he is so precious....how lucky are you?! BTW...apricot is my favorite too..so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, he is just so very, very precious, Wanda!! Sweet baby boy. Your jam looks delicious and I LOVE your knitting addiction! ;) Funny how those simple repetitive motions can be so soothing! blessings and hugs ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)