Monday, July 29, 2013

ABC WEDNESDAY ~ LETTER "C"

 
Our letter this week is "C" and I'm using some pictures I took at the Descanso Chrysanthemum Society 79th Annual Flower Show.  It was called "Ocean of Mums" and indeed it was.  Descanso Gardens is a lovely place 15 minutes from our home, so I visit it often, and on this day got to enjoy Chrysanthemums that are loved world wide.  Such an array of different types.  Do you like Mums??
 
To see all the other participants for Letter "C" just click on the ABC Wednesday Badge on my sidebar.

11 comments:

  1. These are so pretty. Remember when corsages for high school football games were made with these?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I do remember that now that you mentioned it. Also, when I graduated, each girl was given a bouquet of Glads.

      Delete
  2. I do love mums! I especially love seeing them in September and October when the other flowers start to fade. They arrive just in time for pumpkins and cornstalks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. they remind me of fireworks!
    ROG, ABC WEDNESDAY

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the spider mums and I agree with Roger. They look like fireworks. In the small thumbnail on the ABC page that's what I thought they were.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They always end the growing year with such a flourish. I like their variety.
    Joy - ABC Team

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely mums. The colors are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, aren't they gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My favourite is the white one! And like Roger mentions, they do remind me, too, of fireworks.

    Leslie
    abcw team

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love mums! I first thought it was a photo of fireworks!
    Have a great day among these beautiful flowers.
    Wil, ABCW Team

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)