Tuesday, July 23, 2013

ABC WEDNESDAY ~ LETTER "B"

 
 We are at letter "B" in our new Round 13 and I thought it a good time to share my BIRDS and BIRD NESTS.  The top picture is an Antique Bird Clock.  Cast Iron and very heavy!  It works which makes it especially nice.  Bottom left: The birds are not real (of course) but the tiny nest, the size of my thumb, is real.  It's a humming bird nest my cousin gave me after the humming birds vacated and didn't come back.  Bottom right:  Again the nest is real.  Fits in my tea strainer and found it in my back yard, and it is intricately made using bits of Kleenex, string, cotton and feathers.  So soft to the touch. 


The bird nest in the top picture is completely made of twigs and moss.  It looks real, but not sure it is.  It was a gift.  Bottom left:  These four little birds keep track of the almonds, but don't eat any. HaHa.  Bottom right:  This is my "Jade" bird and it was given to me over 40 years ago.  It's from a Boutique in Santa Barbara.

So there you have it!  Is the Letter B for the BIRDS...I think so!!  To see all the other participants for this fun ABC Wednesday meme, just click on the ABC Badge on my side bar.

13 comments:

  1. Delightful birds Wanda.
    Isn't the size of the hummingbird's nest amazing?
    Love your antique clock too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. pretty birds, indeed
    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely post with all the nests and little birds. Thank you for your comment on " it's a boy..."! Which is btw not my ABCW post. My contribution is about bicycles and took me more time than the post about the baby.
    Have a great week.
    Wil, ABCW Team

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love old clocks but have never seen one like you have pictured hear. I really like it.
    An Arkie's Musings

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful collection, Wanda! Very precious to you, I can see!

    Leslie
    abcw team

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm really enthralled with birds of all kinds. I really like the cast iron bird clock.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty bird collection. I always enjoy hearing the story behind each treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ilove the bird collection, they are lovely, I love the nests as well, hope you are well,

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been watching the birds outside my kitchen window. There have been several red winged blackbird couples, and even a pair of cardinals, along with a collection of sparrows and black birds of one kind or another.

    Pretty little nests you have there. Our weather must have been much to hot and humid this summer. The eggs in the robin's nest I had been saving cracked or turned moldy instead of drying out like I thought they would. :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely photos!!!! I love birds!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Enjoyed your birds. Am curious what you will have for next wednesday?

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have a lovely collection of birds and nests! Two of my favorite things! That old jade bird is really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I didn't play this week on the letter "B", but I wanted to come visit you anyhoo. Your collection of birds are adorable, I am so glad God has given us these delightful creatures to enjoy on this earth, aren't you?

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)