Tuesday, July 16, 2013

ABC WEDNESDAY ~ LETTER "A"

Today starts a new round of ABC Wednesday.  So of course it would be the letter "A".  I've been out of town for a few weeks with a new grand baby, so didn't get to finish up with the last round.  I was determined to get started with this new one, but found I had a lot of ANXIETY, because it's time to post, and I couldn't come up with one good "A" word or subject.  I was feeling some anxiety and realized that started with "A".  How perfect!!! 

These pictures I got from (googleimages.com) really do picture that awful feeling when you are anxious.  Years ago, I read and taught a Bible Study for Women on "Calm my Anxious Heart" by Linda Dillow.  It is a hands on manual for dealing with the everyday stresses than can turn a calm heart into a anxious and fearful life.  No one wants to live that way.  I truly learned how to live a contented life in a not so contented world.  However, I really did need an "A" word, and time was running out!!!  Hopefully "B" will be a little easier next week.

This new Round 13 had a new badge.  To see all the other participants and what they have decided to use for the first letter of this new round, just click on the new ABC Wednesday Badge on my sidebar.

15 comments:

  1. Great shots to illustrate anxiety and that's an A word I can relate to; although the older I get the mellower I get. Carver, ABC Wed. Team

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like that manual is well worth the read to reduce stress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back to ABC Wednesday Wanda. I'm so happy to see your wonderful posts again.
    This is a perfect post for the letter A.
    Why do I feel Anxious often when the Lord says to Be Anxious for nothing?
    A good word and the study sounds so helpful.
    Love you Friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, don't be ANXIOUS. We're pretty mellow!
    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wanda, funny you should post this. I was actually feeling a little "anxious" about something myself recently. I know better than to feel that way, but some things ...
    Photowannabe is correct with her question.
    I'm glad you're back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is amazing - the word just popped into your head and was very APPROPRIATE for this week. I'm sure you'll find next week a BIT easier...lol

    Leslie
    abcw team

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha...well, at least feeling anxious gave you a great word. I bet Don was glad you weren't angry, instead. lol.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this hits home! Of course I know I should be anxious for nothing, but sometimes it just doesn't go away and sometimes it comes for no reason at all. Mine actually comes from a chemical imbalance which is inherited. Knowing what it is and why it comes helps in dealing with it. The Lord blessed me with a wonderful Christian doctor about 30 years ago who has help me adapt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I experienced anxiety often when I was younger. Thank God for age I have learned to mellow down. Congrats on the new grand baby.

    Hazel

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wish we had a Bible Study for Women in our church - like the one you taught.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anxiety is a very appropriate word for a difficult situation. I hope we don't have to deal with it, but every now and then life is getting difficult and we have to deal with it. For today I wish you a sunny and happy time.
    Wil, ABCW Team

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, He is the Great Calmer. ;) blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am having a bit of anxiety myself. You can keep me in your prayers as I keep my friend Vinegar and his little sister while their parents get some much needed time away. This is going to be a challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  14. perfect word for today's economic pressures too many people are feeling. I checked out the book at Amazon. I will be getting it next month, for sure. I love our Bible Study. I'm looking forward to our next season.

    ReplyDelete
  15. A great word and thanks for the info about the book.

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)