Thursday, June 27, 2013

UNPACKED AND POOPED ~ SWF

 
 We made it home this afternoon after being gone since June 7th.  What a trip!  Instead of posting dirty laundry, suitcases and a mountain of things to put away, I wanted to remember the rural scenes when my brother took the back roads home from Yreka.  Just lovely.
 
 Barns and houses.  Green fields, blue sky filled with clouds.  It was like thumbing through a travel magazine.
 
A few storm clouds coming in, so we stayed an extra night with my brother and SIL.


What a contrast from busy city life.  Even a small town like Sunland where we live.

 
My new header is this little Shasta Church and Parsonage.  I couldn't help but put myself there in another lifetime.  Don preaching at the little Country Church, and me busy baking in the little kitchen in the parsonage for a potluck that night.  It was something out of a story book.
 
Can't tell you how good it is to be home.  Talked to Jill this morning, and Tristan is already up to 8 lbs 4 oz.  Gotta get that Skype hooked up!!!
 
These are such beautiful skies, I'll make this my Sky Watch Friday contribution too.  To see other lovely skies, just click on the SWF badge on my sidebar.



15 comments:

  1. Thats certainly a picture postcard scene Wanda, welcome home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are memories to hold and enjoy.

      Delete
  2. Yes, you've gotta get that Skype up and running. ;) Beautiful photos, Wanda. So glad you've made it safely home. blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tanna, it was such a peaceful ride, and such a wonderful visit with my brother, doing so good after his battle with cancer.

      Delete
  3. my dream property, neighbors are miles away...hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HaHa...no Walmart down the street!!

      Delete
  4. Love these pics Wanda. Your blog header looks really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful skywatch ! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos!
    After all that traveling, I'm hoping you have a restful week-end.
    Lea
    Lea's Menagerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty!
    I love the story have cooked up in your mind. Can I come tot he potluck too? I'll bring the baked beans. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be perfect, Martha. How about one of your famous apple pies while you at it. Love you.

      Delete
    2. Apple pie! I get right on that. :)

      Delete
  8. The area around Yreka is lovely...it does sort of remind me of days gone by! Happy skywatching. I enjoyed your shots.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy to hear you are home safely.
    Absolutely beautiful skies and barns. Truly a travel magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That little church is amazing!! Great photos.

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)