Monday, June 24, 2013

HEADING HOME

 
It's a beautiful drive, but heading home is so hard.  Leaving little Tristan behind and knowing I won't see him in person for a while.  However, with Skype, I will get to see him often, and watch how he grows.

 
He's already looking around, so alert, so intelligent.  Must be a family thing, haha.  While he slept I continued to knit, and when he woke up read him his first story book.  I've been reading Psalm 139 and marveling again at Gods creation.  "For you created my inmost being.  You knit me together in my mother's womb...I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made. You works are wonderful.  I know that full well." 
 
As I sat knitting, I thought of how my friend Tanna creates marvelous things with her yard and knitting needles.  Intricate patterns that are breath taking...and then looking at our little Tristan, and seeing the intricate patterns of his little face, the tiny fingers, all ten perfect toes.  We are so blessed with all our wonderful grandchildren and Tristan is the icing on the cake.
 

What better way to celebrate 52 years of marriage with the gift of a darling grandson.  HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, HONEY.  You are still the love of my life.

7 comments:

  1. Aw...what a wonderful visit you've had!

    Safe travels, and Happy Anniversary, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One stop and home. It was such a good visit. Can't believe we've been gone since June 7th.

      Back on track in a few more days.

      Delete
  2. Gotta love Skype Wanda! Congrats again on 52 and the new grand!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny, how one can change...at first I didn't like Skype...Now, with Tristan I'm it's biggest fan.

      Delete
  3. Oh, Wanda. Sending big hugs your way... I know just how hard it is to leave those sweet grands. Tristan is just precious beyond words... fearfully and wonderfully made. One of God's amazing miracles.

    You are too kind with your words about my knitting. Thank you for that kindness... knitting soothes that ache of missing those you love so much. blessings and hugs ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS CONGRATULATIONS on 52 years!!! You two look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's such a miraculous thing ... A new life. A real little person in that sweet little body who is so unique. Congratulations to you for the 52 years and the precious little grandson. It is wonderful that technology enables us to connect with loved ones who are far away.

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)