Thursday, May 30, 2013

WORK AND PLEASURE

 This morning I hit the cleaning with a passion!  Hadn't done much after my company left last week.  So grabbed the Vacuum, the cleaning supplies and got to WORK, WORK, WORK!  But my how clean and fresh the living room looked when I finished that room.  Work done, it's time for Pleasure!

 
And pleasure it is!  I put a Sour Cream Cinnamon Coffee cake in the oven early this morning before the heat comes in.  After a morning of WORK, it was such a pleasure to sit outside with my hubby and enjoy a slice of coffee cake, some of my English clotted cream and hot steaming coffee.  Does it get any better than that??  Do you reward yourself for cleaning?  HaHa

 
To be able to pick a couple of hydrangeas from my bush and add to the flowers I picked up yesterday at Trader Joe's brought me some added pleasure this morning.  My dearest put in the CD of the ocean waves crashing and sea gulls singing, so this will be put in my journal as a VERY GOOD DAY!  What's on your schedule today?

5 comments:

  1. Wanda, I don't think I can top that, although I am having a great day! My DH and I sat down together for some homemade tuna salad sandwiches on very fresh whole grain bread (which I love) and watched an old Lone Ranger episode. We get such a kick out of that old show. So many questions we never thought of as kids. ;-)

    Love those hydrangeas and your clean house. Looks like even your cleaning tray is clean. And the coffee cake looks scrumptious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Nonnie, your day sounds like a good one too. Love tuna salad on fresh whole grain bread. What do you put in your tuna salad?

      Love those old westerns..My BIL has the Western Channel that show old western movies and TV series all day long.

      Delete
  2. That sour cream coffee cake sounds good. We sit out on the deck (back porch overlooking the creek) most afternoons with a cup of tea and I have a couple of my favorite chocolate cookies. Just waiting for Moth to come back from a funeral he has been conducting and we'll be out there shortly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris, I think your back yard by the creek is just fabulous. I would spend a lot of time out there too.

      Don and I have some herbal tea some evenings.

      Delete
  3. What a great post! There is nothing better than hard work followed by some simple pleasures!!!

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)