Saturday, May 25, 2013

THOUGHTS FOR SUNDAY ~THRIVING

 
When I started my Cancer journey in April of 2009 some friends gave me a small potted Hydrangea plant.  It was about 12" high and had three blooms.  I transplanted it in a flower bed next to the house in the back yard, but it got too much sun, and almost died twice.  It was down to a few brown stalks when I transplanted it into this large cement pot, and put it in a completely different place in the back yard where it got sun and shade.  This is how it looked this morning.  It stand about three feet and it's covered with blooms; some fully open and many more to come.  IT'S THRIVING!!

After two lumpectomies and 8 weeks of radiation, I have now been cancer free 4 years. I'M THRIVING!  Every time I see my Hydrangea I see how it came back and is thriving, and it reminds me just how good and gracious my God is to keep me thriving!

In the Old Testament, they set up piles of stones as a memorial to remind them of significant times when God showed his mercy and met their needs.  My Hydrangea is one of my Memorials.  Do you have some?

10 comments:

  1. you are as strong and beautiful as this plant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank so much Laurie..I treasure your friendship.

      Delete
  2. I love your Memorial "stone". The Thriving Hydrangea is perfect.
    It doesn't seem possible that your adventure began back in 2009. I am so grateful for the work God has done in your life and that I have known you that long.
    I think our home here in Rocklin is a Memorial Stone.
    It constantly reminds me of how the Lord cares for us and provides things and places that help us Thrive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning Sue.. I've so enjoyed your "Memorial Stone" in Rocklin. You are sure a servant and hostess to all that would stop by your home. What a blessing. Can't wait to see you in person!

      Delete
  3. I remember that Wanda. I join you in giving thanks for being cancer free.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bob, I also remember your thoughts and prayers for me during that journey. Thanks again!!

      Delete
  4. I can't believe it's been four years already! So glad you are thriving. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've been blog friends a long time haven't we. I love you too.

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on being 4 years out. As one who has been there, I know what a great feeling it is to be able to look back and see how far you've come. The hydrangea is a beautiful memorial.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have really been getting some great posts in, Wanda. Congratulations on thriving at four years out!! I am most thankful for that blessing. I love the idea of a memorial like the stones in the Old Testament and your memorial is beautiful in sentiment and appearance.

    If I had that cake to motivate me to clean every time, I'm pretty sure I'd keep a better house! LOL!!

    Plus, the shield dishcloth, just claim it as a new design. ;) All of us get off track; yours just became a new shape!

    The palms are so beautiful... storm or shine. blessings and hugs ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)