Thursday, May 16, 2013

THIS AND THAT


Don't look too close, but this is my first attempt in almost 50 years to knit!  Years ago I made a few pair of house slippers, but that is just a memory.  We have a "Lady's Craft Night" at Church on Tuesdays and that was a blessings as I worked on Jill's quilt and finished it.  I didn't know what I would do for my next project.  Most of the gals crochet or knit, and I tried crocheting, and failed miserably.  I got a gift card for my Birthday from "Michael's" and so decided to buy some knitting needles and yard and try something extremely simple.  A dish cloth.  Watched a video on line printed out the instructions and this is the result.  It was actually fun, and I do love these kinds of dish cloths.

 
My neighbor, Bret (who likes my cooking and baking) gave me this personalized tee shirt for Mother's Day.  Now isn't that just the cutest thing ever.  One problem.  I don't wear tee shirts.  They're not my style and I can't wear anything up round my neck.  You always see me in V-necks or lower round necks.  So I had a great idea!

 
I am going to fold the tee shirt in a square that shows the darling emblem, and mat and frame it in a shadow box and hang it in my kitchen for all to see.  This way, it won't get put in a drawer and not worn, but I can enjoy the thoughtfulness of my neighbor on a daily basis.  What do you think of the idea?

15 comments:

  1. I think your first attempt at knitting is great! A craft night sounds fun, too...what a great idea.
    And I love the Wanda's Kitchen...that will look great in a frame and you'll enjoy it every day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The craft night is fun, as we see each other's projects come along. Such a variety, and a new gal is into bead and jewelry. This is great as I have two wonderful bead bracelets that need some repair. Perhaps she'll take a dish cloth in return for the repair..HaHa.

      Will post my tee shirt when I get it framed.

      Delete
  2. I think it's pretty cool and your friend will like the idea of you going to the time and trouble of making it something more permanent for all who come to your kitchen to see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope he likes the idea. I will post a picture when I get it matted and framed.

      Delete
  3. What a cute t-shirt. I think that would look great framed and hanging on your kitchen wall. Thanks for visiting my ABC Wednesday post. I can't help but comment here. Love your blog background!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mai ~ Thanks so much for stopping by. I love changing my blog backgrounds...guess that just the "artist" in me, and I change them as my moods or seasons change. Silly, huh?

      Delete
  4. Hi Wanda!
    Finally getting to visit!!!
    I hope all is well and that springtime has brought brightness and joy.
    Your knitting makes me smile because I keep moving my basket of knitting and needlepoint around the house and not picking it up to do!
    "One of these days" has to come soon :o)

    Your t-shirt idea is great! I know what you mean about ending up in a drawer. I have a few like that ... I've set aside to make pillows ... But they are on the "to do list" too heehee!

    Wishing you well and may God bless you!
    ~ Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Maria.. I've truly missed your visits. I've my blog breaks recently too. I'm sure the new will wear off of my new knitting projects, for the time it's fun to be working on something different than the quilt.

      Sending hugs.

      Delete
  5. I tried knitting this past winter. I'd knit until a past mistake drove me crazy, pull it out and knit some more. Maybe one day it will actually turn into something, probably a scarf.

    The T-shirt is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My yarn got tangled up last night, and I spend way too much time trying to unwind it. But today's a new day..haha.

      I'm really tickled with the tee shirt.

      Delete
  6. we have a craft night at our chruch too and everyone brings something to work on if we aren't quilting too, I think you did a great job, love the colors and we always need lots of these, they make nice gifts too, everyone loves them!
    The tshirt is great, what a lovely gift, I think the shadow box is a wonderful idea,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Craft nights are a lot of fun. The visiting with the ladies, and getting something done at the same time.

      By the time I good enough to give away my little dish cloths, I'll have a big supply in my kitchen towel and dish cloth drawer...teehee.

      Delete
  7. The dishcloth looks amazing! You did a great job. :) And I still love that tee shirt.

    ~Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coming from you Bonnie...I am thrilled with that compliment. I think I'll bring the tee shirt and frame to craft night and get some ideas and help in putting it together.

      Delete
  8. You dish cloth looks very much like spring! You did a wonderful job on it. I have been seeing bloggers making these dish cloths. I may have to try one some day.

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)