Sunday, May 26, 2013

KNITTING HUMOR




I started another dish cloth Saturday afternoon, and less than half way through got engrossed in a intense TV show.  The more I watch, the faster I knitted...when the show was over, I took a deep breath and looked down, and realized my "square" dish cloth had become a "shield"...I forgot to watch my pattern.  I  guess it's good when  you can find humor in everything.  The dishes I wash won't care!

Next time I'm watching a murder mystery...the knitting will stay in my bag.  TeeHee.  Hey your knitters out there, have any humor to share? 

7 comments:

  1. haha...I love it! It's a yellow lemon! It will remind you to make lemonade out of all the sour lemons that come your way! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a lemon..much better than a shield. And more appropriate for the kitchen, haha.

      Delete
  2. I just wish I could knit....anything! Like you say, the shape won't make any difference to the dishes!

    Have a safe and nice holiday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like Betsy's reminder to make lemonade from the "sour lemons"...

      Maybe I'll get a chuckle each time I use it.

      Delete
  3. my bloopers are never as lovely as this shield, I like this shape! Its got character!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a knitter, but I like those dishcloths and I bet you will get a chuckle every time you use this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe the pointy ends will get into casserole dished better than a square one would!

    I've had a lot of knitted things come out not quite like I had hoped, but I think my favorite knit story I have is that I made my grandmother some knitted dish cloths, and she refused to use them because she said they were too pretty and using them to wash dishes with would ruin them. I told her they were her birthday gift and she could do what she wanted with them. I think they are now being used as doilies. She wants me to make more though so she can make a quilt out of the dishcloths! :)

    ~Bonnie

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)