Wednesday, May 22, 2013

BUSY DAY

What did you do today?  I had a busy one.

The cookie jar was empty.  I ask my dearest what kind he would like, he said Peanut Butter.  Hadn't made them for quite a while.  I get tired of the same impression on them, so I decided to use a few different ideas.  "Fork, Squares, and Pecans"  Looks like three different cookies and looked really nice in the glass cookie jar.
 
I was running errands and it was warm so when I was in Rite Aid I stopped by the ice cream counter and got a cone.  I know you can't drink and drive.  How about eating ice cream and drive?  I decided I'd just sit in the car in the parking lot and enjoy it.   It was melting, so it didn't take long.  Remember when a scoop of ice cream was 25 cents? This scoop was $1.79 but I love cookies and cream..it was worth it.
 
Wanted to have a healthy dinner so made chicken kabobs with bell peppers, onions and a few cooked tiny potatoes I had left over from making potato salad yesterday.  A sprinkle of cilantro and ready to enjoy.

Now that I'm making dish cloths, I made a bright yellow one this afternoon to match my kitchen.   I'm getting a new perm on Friday, but in the meantime, still have to use those hot rollers every morning.    If you look closely, you'll see I'm not missing any teeth in my smile.  The new partials are working great.
 
How was your day?

13 comments:

  1. I was tempted to get an ice cream cone yesterday!
    Your yellow dish cloth is lovely. So happy your partials are not causing you any problems. Wishing you a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You were strong... I gave in~ That's why I fixed a small healthy dinner, haha.

      The partials are wonderful, I can chew again and smile big!!

      Should be a fun day...a Retired Minister/Missionary Luncheon with friends.

      Delete
  2. thats a beautiful smile and your hair always looks beautiful, I also love the color of the dish cloth,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laurie..I'm having so much fun making those dish cloths. Going to give a couple to some friends we're going to lunch with today.

      Delete
  3. Now, that's what I call a busy day.
    Peanut butter cookies sound delightful. I know your Dearest will love every crumb.
    Lucky you...I have to wait until June 3 for my perm. It sure feels great when the time comes.
    New teeth, oh how I wish I had them. Don't forsee that happening any time soon. (:0(
    We are previleged to go to our Granddaughters Thrive Leadership School end of the year banquet tonight.
    It's hard to believe she has completed 1 year of college already. Very proud Grandma here!
    Well I guess I have rambled on on your very public blog so I think I will goodbye and have another cup of coffee. Then it's get busy and do some errands too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue I always enjoy our little blog chats...only time we get together. I had to cancel my perm when our friends from Santa Barbara decided to spend the night and next day. It was so fun to have them, I'll reschedule next week.

      Delete
  4. Today has been busy. I put two girls on the bus, and we had two for the day. My grandkids came to visit and that's always busy. (Got to hug that granddaughter, and I will take busy any day to do that!) I made two pies, one accidentally, because I made a beautifully crimped one crust pastry and rhubarb needs a top crust. The day is not over yet. I could squeeze in a trip to the grocery store.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HaHa, I've never made an accidental pie. I had to laugh. I love the way you crimp your crust.

      Delete
  5. LOVE that yellow dishcloth! And, until this moment, I've never seen anyone look GREAT in curlers like you do, Wanda. Amazing. It is the light in those eyes!

    I've had a busy day trying to catch up after getting back in town... about to head out for the weekend... to celebrate and to remember. blessings and hugs ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a compliment coming from the Knitter of all Knitters!!! I'm such a novice, but it was really fun, and I'm on a roll. Dishcloths by the dozen.

      Delete
  6. My DH would love those cookies. I remember in the summer my Dad would load us up in the car and head to the drugstore for ice cream cones. What a treat it was for us!
    You look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cookies sure did taste good with a cup of coffee, and I sent some home with out friends that spent a couple days.

      I think I'm in the mood for some more ice cream.

      Delete
  7. I'm showing my smile today, too! Great minds.... :)

    I love the square pattern on the cookies! How did you do it?

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)