Tuesday, May 21, 2013

ABC WEDNESDAY ~ LETTER "S"

 
For the Letter "S" I am sharing some pictures of my Succulent Garden.  I'm not real smart on the details of succulents, but I sure enjoy watching them, grow, bloom and change colors.
 
My very favorite is in the upper right hand corner.  I call it my "Rock" succulent as that is what it looks like, but every year (and I've had it for over 5) the week of Easter one small blooms comes from the "rock".  It's a reminder that on Resurrection Sunday something wonderful happened and "The Rose of Sharon" (Christ) came out of the rock alive. 
It did it again this year, and then a surprise as last Sunday (Pentecost Sunday) another bloom emerged.  I think my Rock Succulent is Spiritual.  HaHa. 
 
I don't know the names of the different varieties I have, but the bottom right corner is almost black, but the flash of the camera gives it a different look.  Do you like succulents?

To see all the other participants for ABC Wednesday, just click on the ABC Badge on my sidebar.

15 comments:

  1. SUCCULENTS are really SPECIAL; lovely flowers! Kate, ABC Team

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant plants rather than flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are indoor plants here and as I child I remember having a small "pot garden" of them. The prickly ones fascinated me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have that one, bottom left, in the back yard at our new house. It is gorgeous. Looks like it has just been polished.

    Still not back to blogging seriously yet. Got some major dental issues and I find it hard to concentrate. But I WILL be back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love succulents and in fact I have a black one too!! fantaStic choice for S :)

    S is for...

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are SENSATIONAL plants!
    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful! I love succulents too...I just recently got some starts from my grandmother....they have taken off but I want to add more and then figure out where I want to put them all or in what containers..etc. These are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yours are gorgeous!!!Lots of varities. I have some and I love the way they double.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't have any, but I want one! Yours are always just beautiful! I see someone said they could be indoor plants...so maybe I'll try here!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all the different colors and varieties. I think I need to have some on my patio. They seem to grow themselves, which is my kind of gardening...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love succulents, but I don't have any. They might be one of those plants that have to be replaced every year.

    Nice choice for S.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always love to see succulents and grow them when I can. They are so forgiving! Your photos are really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are fabulouS! I'm jealouS!

    Leslie
    abcw team

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love succulents but don't currently have any. Yours are picture perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have a few of those!

    Sorry, late visit for S.
    Rose, ABC Wednesday Team

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)