Friday, May 3, 2013

A FABULOUS BIRTHDAY

 
 With my whirlwind trip to my Class Reunion, and company and my Birthday Trip to Santa Barbara, I didn't get on the computer for a new post for quite some time.  Have some more "cousin" company coming this morning, but wanted to share the fun of my Birthday Celebration.  Seventy-two never felt better.  The Beach was beautiful, and I love the Ocean, and we lived in Santa Barbara in the 70's.  That's where Jill was born.
 
 My very favorite place to eat is this quaint French Restaurant, called Stella Mares in Santa Barbara.  You can see my Crusted Salmon was to die for, the live music set the atmosphere, and to share it with dear friends from days gone by.  We met Tom back in college days.  He and his wife Juliana have served in churches as Pastor and wife.  And now Tom is a Chaplin in a Retirement Village in S.B.

 
 
I was treated like a Queen, and the marvelous Garden Room, the presentation of the food, the delicious flavors, and sharing it with special friends made this a most Excellent Birthday. 

BTW, thanks for all the birthday wishes on facebook and my blog.  Now back to the normal life...HaHa  What's normal?

17 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, beautiful you. You make 72 look so great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nonnie. I think age is in our minds, and I never grew up! HaHa.

      Delete
  2. Happy birthday dear lady. That restaurant looks extra special and getting together with your friends a treat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terra, you would love this restaurant. It's lovely inside and out, food delicious and service the best! If only we lived closer, we could have a girls luncheon there with all our blog friends.

      Delete
  3. what a wonderful time you had!You are such a beauty, best wishes,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laurie ~ I'm such a blessed woman, and I know it! So eternally grateful for the blessing and happiness in my life.

      Delete
  4. I want to be just like you when I'm 72. Of course, that will mean I need to stop counting backward, huh?

    Happy Birthday! (again)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Martha, you better think again...do you want to put your hearing aids, partial plates, and glasses on the dresser every night. HaHa. I told Don, just walk by the dresser and say "Good Night Wanda" HaHa. Martha you are so special now..you will be at 72 too!! Love you.

      Delete
  5. What a great birthday you had! Thank you for sharing the great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so lovely...I'm a blessed woman.

      Delete
  6. You look way too young to be 72!!! :) Looks like a fun way to celebrate a birthday! I love salmon...almost always order it when I'm out. That plate looks scrumptious..as does the dessert! Happy Birthday! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Betsy..Thank you. That crusted salmon was some of the best I've ever had. The veggies and garlic mashed potatoes were really good too. And talk about "chocolate" That Torte was so rich..but I was able to lick the platter clean. haha.

      Delete
  7. 72 is looking pretty darn good! Happy birthday to you! I'm glad to see you had a wonderful celebration. Best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tammy. It was a delightful time. I told my hubby, I think this may be the best one ever.

      Delete
  8. Looks and sounds as if you had a marvelous time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love these memory photos Wanda. What a special time for you and Don. I'm so glad you could enjoy your birthday with family and long time friends.
    We are recoup-ing from our very intense but terrific week of our Thrive conference.
    It was very exhausting but everyone was well fed both physically and spiritually, with a lot of good crazy fun thrown in for good measure.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, Wanda, Happy, Happy Belated Birthday. You are an absolutely glowing beauty!! You and my Beloved share birthdays by a day. Two of my most favorite people!

    hallelujah for Hal's progress and YAY for the Amtrak trip for your sister! God is GOOD, amazing, wonderful, All Mighty... and He loves us! blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)