Monday, April 22, 2013

TURLOCK HIGH SCHOOL REUNION


Our High School as many others, has a 50+ Program so each year there is a reunion for anyone one who has reached their 50th year or more.  This was my 54th reunion.  These are such special women in my life.  We called ourselves the "Soderquist Road" Girls as all of us in the picture grew up either next door or across the street from the time we were children.

From left to right is my sister, Donna, our next door neighbor Barbara, me, my dear friend Kris and her sister Karen.  This is the first time we've all be together as Kris and Karen are out of State.
Kris didn't know I was coming.  That's what that spontaneous trip was about...I wanted to surprise her and spend a weekend with my sis.


This is another childhood friend, Judy, that is a year younger than me, but we were best buddies growing up in Church together, singing duets, and she was one of my bridesmaids when Don and I were married.  My sister and Kris were my other two bridesmaids, so how fun to have us together.

 
We are students from the class of 1959, and several of these classmates started 1st grade with me and we continued through elementary, Junior High and High school.  What fun to hear their stories and what they've done in their lives.  It was a good time to grow up in a small community and have so many lasting friendships.
 
Since I had 2 hours on the bus and 5 hours on the train..both ways...I finished Jill's baby quilt!! Yeah Mission Accomplished!!  I'll post a picture tomorrow.

9 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful celebration and what beautiful friends! You are all so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laurie ~ it was such a splendid weekend. So many nice memories. Thanks for your sweet words.

      Delete
  3. I find it amazing to have so many childhood friends all meeting together for that reunion.
    I haven't kept in contact with most of my high school graduating class.
    We are just worlds apart in so many ways.
    Can't wait to see that quilt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Growing up in a small community was the best part of my childhood. Lived in the same house, same neighborhood until I was 18 and went off to college.

      Delete
  4. I love this spur of the moment adventure!! And, what a wonderful looking group of women (and men). I love hearing of friends getting together... blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a whirlwind trip, but wouldn't trade it for anything. Don't know if I will ever see some of these friends again.

      Delete
  5. looks like everyone had a great time and I bet your friends were surprised and excited to see you! And look at you, Gorgeous! Skinny and beautiful! wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HaHa Betsy you crack me up...thanks for the wonderful compliment! I've been so several previous reunions...but this was the first time I was at a weight I like...Thanks to that old gallbladder...I have been able to maintain the weight I lost. It was fun, and so much fun, we were all talking at the same time.....Glad I went.

      Delete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)