Saturday, April 6, 2013

SUNDAY MEDITATION ~ THE GOOD SHEPHERD



John 10:14~18 "I am the Good Shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me ~~just as the Father knows me and I know the Father ~~and lay down my life for the sheep. I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there will be one flock and one shepherd. The reason my Father loves me is that I lay down my life ~~only to take it up again. No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father."

Dear Jesus, how tenderly You care for me, my Shepherd. When I hear your reassuring voice I know that I am secure. When I wander far away, You search for me, You hoist me upon Your strong shoulders, rejoicing that I have been found. You are the gate that leads to the fold of salvation. You are the fold in which I find safety. When I am in danger, You lay down Your own life for me. You give me the gift of life, life to the full. Oh to know You, gracious Shepherd, and to be known by You. This is true life. My heart is filled with gratitude. I love you. Amen!

I look to the Shepherd,
He meets all my needs;
Beside the still waters
He faithfully leads.
Bringing peace to my soul
As His love makes me whole.
~~Walt Harrah (c1987)

I shared this on the Daily Prayer Blog for Sunday, but wanted to also share it here for those of you who don't visit the Daily Prayer Blog on my sidebar.

Trusting you will have a wonderful Sunday!

9 comments:

  1. My heart is full of gratitude too.
    Thank you Lord for being my Shepherd.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do have a wonderful Shepherd and Friend.

      Delete
  2. can't imagine life without my Shepherd!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visited Life Church today and the pastor's message was on the Good Shepherd. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it when something like that happens to me. God's timing!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Tammy...It was a lovely day. Our little neighbor boy was baptized today, and two of our grandsons went to church with us to encourage him. Afterwards we went to lunch and played games all afternoon.. Lots of fun with boys 9,11 and 13.

      Delete
  5. Thank you, Wanda. This is a beautiful winding down of a wonderful Sunday. So thankful for His Love. blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)