Tuesday, April 23, 2013

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED !

 
Spending many hours on the train on my recent trip, I was able to finish the quilt for our new grand baby coming in June.  I spread it out on the couch to get a good picture, and before I could get my camera....guess who thinks I made it for her!  "No Molly, you have your own quilt."

If you click on the picture to enlarge it, you can see how the quilting around the squares and animals gives them a 3D look.  I'm very pleased with the final outcome.  It would be hard to say how many "stitches" of love went into this quilt...Made by Grandma with Love!

I spent the first night of my trip with a dear friend who can't let you leave without a gift.  So I came home with several handmade dish cloths and two movies.  Thanks Karen, you are a sweetheart.

Now I have two pillow to make out of some extra material I have, so that's my next project.  They will be easier, as I will be using my sewing machine.

7 comments:

  1. oh my gosh its beautiful! I love it, this will be a hit, such great gifts from your friend as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That turned out so nice! I love the 3D effect...makes it look so much more special and expensive! Love the tiger pattern trim and backing, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I 'm sure it will be treasured always.A great gift.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful quilt! It's really did turn out cute. Anything made by Grandma is a treasure to be cherished.

    Maybe it'll be a boy and they can name him Noah.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The quilt is absolutely wonderful.
    That new baby is going to love it and it will be cherished forever.
    Love Molly....I guess you have to make her one too...(:0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have not seen those movies. You will have to let us know if you liked them or not! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The quilt looks beautiful and I know it will be cherished for a very long time. :) Can't wait to see the pillows finished!

    ~Bonnie

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)