Wednesday, April 10, 2013

DON'T MESS WITH MY BEANS ! !

 
Tonight is our Church "Eat and Pray" at our house.  The menu is BBQ Meatballs, a great Bean Dish, Pasta and Tossed Salads, Rolls and Dessert.  Doesn't that sound good!
 
Well, this afternoon, I started my easy bean recipe and had quite a big surprise.  I bought two cans of "Butter Beans" and when I opened the cans I had "Whole Potatoes"...Not even close!  Good thing I started the beans early, as I had time to return them to the store.   On top of that, my receipt showed they charged me for "Lima Beans"...
So back to the store I go with the two opened cans of potatoes, hoping the Customer Service people have a sense of humor.  I was afraid to buy the same brand, for fear I'd get potatoes.  They think the whole shipment may be wrong.  So the good news...the only other "Butter Beans" they had was a gourmet brand costing 3 times as much as the Safeway brand.  They said, no problem, no charge, so we are having "Gourmet Baked Beans" tonight.
 
EASY BAKED BEANS
 
2 cans Butter Beans
2 cans Red Kidney Beans
1 can (large) Bushes Boston Baked Beans
1 can (large) Bushes Maple Baked Beans
2 Tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
1 Tbsp. Dehydrated Onions
2 Tbsp. Frenches Mustard
3 Tbsp. Brown Sugar
 
Mix well and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour
Reduce the heat to 200 and bake 1 hour
Transfer into large Crock pot to keep warm for serving.
 
They are delicious!
 
If you try this recipe...I hope no ones messes with your Beans! HaHa

16 comments:

  1. mmmm, this sounds amazing, do you know they now have Bush beans in Canada!!! We were so happy!! Yours sound amazing, what a weird mistake the factory made!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder who is going to open all those cans to see if they are beans or potatoes...HaHaHa.

      Delete
  2. Oh, that's funny! Good thing the grocery store isn't too far off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my! I bet that was a surprise! The whole dinner sounds delish and your beans look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It turn out really nice. The weather was perfect so we ate outside and made it a picnic!

      Delete
  4. That is crazy! The recipe sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really crazy to see potatoes in a can that said Butter Beans... I use this recipe often in the summer for BBQ's and picnics.

      Delete
  5. Well, I have never heard of that happening before. Sounds like someone had a labeling mix-up. Good thing you had time to work it all out. Best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm wondering if they entire shipment will be sent back to the factory. I usually start things early...really glad I did this time. Especially with company coming.

      Delete
  6. Wow!! That's wild. LOL! Now, how do you suppose that would happen? No, wait. Let's not think about that too much. Thank you for this recipe. It sounds delicious, Wanda! Have a wonderful day. blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Somebody at the factory is in trouble.....!!

      It's a real easy recipe for summer BBQ's and goes with Hamburger and hot dogs really well too.

      Delete
  7. OOO this sounds so yummy.
    Someone just looked at the label picture and thought the beans looked like the potatoes I guess.
    What a surprise for you.
    Glad you ended up with gourmet beans...
    Too funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dad was the Maintenance Foreman at a large cannery years ago, and they got some lables mixed up and it was really a lot of work to fix that problem too. But they caught it before it ended up in the store.

      Yes, gourmet beans...HaHa..and I thought beans were poor folks food.

      Delete
  8. I love beans!!! And these look really good to me. But what a surprise to find potatoes in the bean can!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love beans too. I love potatoes...but I don't want them messing with my cans...HaHa

      Delete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)