Wednesday, February 6, 2013

WILD ANIMAL BABIES

 
Today I found the perfect fabric for our new baby.  Jill is decorating with the wild animal print, and I found "Wild Jungle Babies."  Are they not adorable?  Baby lions, tigers, elephants, giraffes, monkeys and even a baby hippo.
 
 
The backing for the quilt, which will be crib size is the tiger print.
 
 
Then I found a piece of fabric with the same baby animals all together, and there was just enough to make a couple of pillows.
 
I found it all at JoAnn's Fabric and since this material is a 2006 pattern it was 40% off.  I can't wait to get started.  I thought I had some batting, but must have used it, so tomorrow I'll pick up the batting and then get started quilting.   I will be hand quilting around the squares and the animals and it should turn out really nice.  It's the way I made the quilts for all the other grandchildren.
 
Will give updates as it comes along!
 
Thanks so much for all your wonderful comments and stories about when you started blogging and why on yesterday's post.
 

16 comments:

  1. Oh Wanda, this theme is perfection and I admire your quilting talent. Those animals are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our youngest great grandson is 4, so it's been a while since I made a quilt. I really looking forward to getting started.

      Delete
  2. have a fun time making this cute quilt!! prefect for a baby!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have till June, so I'm going to take it slow and do it right!! I'm thilled I found the fabric.

      Delete
  3. That fabric really is cute and just perfect for that nursery theme! And what a wonderful keepsake that baby will have from you! Can't wait to see how it progresses! And you just can't beat 40% off! Yay! ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was at the end of the bolt, so it was just the perfect amount for the quilt...and now it's gone. Must have been saving it just for our "baby". Now if I can just find my quilting hoop...can't remember where I put it.

      Delete
    2. I'm sure there is just the right quilting hoop at your amazing Thrift store...(:0)

      Delete
  4. Perfect for your little lion cub!! I am so excited for you, Wanda. =) both for this project and that time is getting nearer! blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We talked to Jill last night on skype, and saw the sonogram...little round head, little arm...five fingers..I'm gonna cry!!!

      Delete
  5. This fabric is just perfect! Can't wait to follow your progress. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't been this excited in a while.. You have a lovely day too.

      Delete
  6. I love this fabric and I think you are one terrific Grandma. It has to be fun, fun, fun to create such beautiful things for your kids. They will love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it cute fabric. I just loved it. I love being a grandma. So I've enjoyed each quilt I've made. Today I washed the material and got it pinned together.

      Delete
  7. Too, too cute.
    I love that pattern, very boy or girl-ish.
    Love the backing too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those baby animals are amazing........I Love the back print as well

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the quilt. At one time, I made all my own clothes and those of my 4 daughters. When I first started sewing, I tried to use the bed with the same results you had. lol. I think, I O.D . I haven't sewed in years and have no desire to.

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)