Friday, February 8, 2013

STEP ONE

 
Step One ~ bring in the large folding table from the garage so I had a place to work.  Last quilt I made I laid it out on the bed, and when I finished pinning...had pinned some of it to my bedspread. teehee.  The table worked much better.  Fabric, and batting trimmed and ready to pin in place. 
 
 
 
I'm using the backing to trim the quilt.  I like the way it looks and it saves time from a separate binding.  It's all pinned in place.
 
 
 
This morning, I will press all the binding and blind hem all the binding, then I can use my hoops and start the quilting around all the squares and little animals.  Little Baby Scott (baby's last name) Let the quilting begin!!!!

7 comments:

  1. My oh my...you've been a busy bee! It's looking great! Had to laugh at the other one getting pinned to the bed. lol....
    I'm loving the animal theme...it's going to be such a cute nursery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was quite frustrating when I went to pick up the quilt....to find it "stuck" to the bed...I didn't make the same mistake this time.

      Delete
  2. Haha. My sewing experiences would fill a book and be entitled, "Don't Let This Happen To You." Your quilt is looking great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to remember I have a house and a husband...I can get carried away...and I have till June. I like the way it's looking too.

      Delete
  3. I can see you got to work on that quilt right away. Absolutely adorable! The backing is fantastic.

    Crochet really is so easy. I tried to teach a friend here and she just could not get the hang of it. Her beginning chain was very wonky. One summer I tried to teach my cousin in North Carolina as she had yarn she'd bought years before, intent in making an afghan. We laughed more than anything and she never did get the hang of it. Guess it's not for everyone -- just as knitting and sewing are not for me. :) Best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tammy, I really appreciate your words. I thought maybe I was the only one who just couldn't get my fingers working on that chain..mine was a few good, and then bad, and then .....long chain, long story. Yes, I'll stick with what I know. Love you!

      Delete
  4. Love how you are bringing the backing around to be the binding. It looks perfect.
    Your attempt at crochet sounds like my knitting attempt.
    I could never get the yarn off the needles...too tight. My Mother in Law finally just smiled and gave up on me. I love all the things she made for our family though.

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)