Saturday, February 23, 2013

SUNDAY MEDITATION

SINGING IN MY SECRET GARDEN
 
The Song that meant so much to me in my journey to intimacy with the Lover of my Soul was a song I had learned as a child.  It took on new meaning as I spent time in the early morning hours in my Garden Vineyard.
 
I come to the garden alone
While the dew  is still on the roses
And the voice I hear falling on my ear
The Son of God discloses.
 
And he Walks with me, and He talks with me,
And He tells me I am His own;
And the joy we share as we tarry there,
None other has ever known.

 
He speaks and the sound of His voice,
Is so sweet the birds hush their singing,
And the melody that He gave to me
Within my heart is ringing.
 
And He walks with me, and He talks with me,
And He tells me I am his own;
And the joy we share as we tarry there,
None other has ever known.
 
This is what was happening in the early morning hours at a little glass table in the corner of a living room.  You can have your own private garden too.  Find a place and time to meet the Lover of your Soul.  It's the best thing I every did to nourish my soul and my daily walk with the Lord.
 
illustrations from gooleimages.com
 
 
 


12 comments:

  1. Wanda, this was the first grown-up song my mother taught me at 6 years old. I go to my garden every morning to refresh and refill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that just a wonderful place for refresh and refil...and I love the words of this old song... I too learned it about age six.

      Delete
  2. For the first time you reminded me of Tennessee Ernie Ford. What a great song of faith and of His faithfukness to us. I love you. Tom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great old song...I love it, it so speaks to me. Love you too Tom. You are the dearest of friends. Wish we lived closer.

      Delete
  3. This is a favorite hymn of mine too, and it touches my soul. Thanks for sharing it here. Gardening and Jesus, what a beautiful pairing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that picture too, what could be better than walking with Jesus in the cool of the evening in the garden.

      Delete
  4. I can hear my Father in Law's booming bass voice singing this song so many years ago.
    It was his favorite.
    I do love this old hymn too.
    The words "tarry there" really struck me this morning.
    I don't tarry often enough and just listen and drink in His presence.
    Thanks for the Word this morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tarry is a hard thing to do in our busy world. I think back in those years when I got up so early...I couln't find any tarry time during the day... I still struggle to find it.

      Delete
  5. A favorite song of mine too. I love Brad paisley's version

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never heard his version...I'll have to go check it out.

      Delete
  6. oh my gosh what beautiful words and images,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought those images just were perfect for the song. I just love both of them.

      Delete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)