Monday, February 18, 2013

MEYER LEMON TART

Meyer Lemon Buttermilk Tart
 
I love getting a new recipe from a blogger friend.  Sue gave me this one, and I'm really excited as my neighbor has a Meyer Lemon tree and keeps my basket full.  I've tried several recipes using these delicious juicy lemons and this one's delicious.

 
We ate a slice warm with a cup of coffee, and it was really nice and smooth.  I did refrigerate it and tomorrow we'll see how it tastes cold.   It may even be better.  I'll let you know.

MEYER LEMON TART
·         Ingredients:
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
3/4 cup sugar
1 TBSP. heavy cream
3/4 cup buttermilk
4 TBSP. melted butter
1 1/2 TBSP fresh Meyer lemon juice
zest of 1 Meyer lemon
3 TBSP all purpose flour
1 prebaked tart crust (you can use a store-bought graham cracker pie crust)
1/4 cup sweetened whipped cream
Preheat oven 300*
In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, cream, buttermilk, and melted butter.
Slowly whisk in the lemon juice, zest and flour.
Whisk until all lumps of flour have disappeared.
Carefully pour buttermilk mixture into the prebaked tart shell.
Place onto a baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven until the tart is just set (when gently tapped the center should no longer jiggle) about 35-45 minutes.
Allow to cool to room temperature, then slice into wedges.
To serve, top with whipped cream. Store in fridge.  Enjoy.
 
Recipes are for sharing!

14 comments:

  1. OH I WANT THAT LEMON GOODNESS thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really an easy recipe, Kathy, and oh so good. It was good warm last night....and even better today after being refrigerated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that looks delicious! I love lemon..and it's pretty, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After having it warm and cold...I prefer cold. Next time I think I'll make in a square pan and refrigerate, and then cut in smaller squares.

      Delete
  4. My DH loves lemon pie. Wll have to try this. It sounds de-lish!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If he loves lemon pie, I know he'll like to a lot. A little different, but yummy lemon flavor.

      Delete
  5. looks and sounds delicious! Please beam me a piece over!! Thank you in advance !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Gudl....we just finished the last piece... perhaps next time...anyway I think my "Beamer" is on the blink! Tee Hee.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. I can't wait to make another one. I know I'll be using this recipe a lot.

      Delete
  7. I definitely liked it better cold and I would do the same thing and put it in a square pan.
    Love your pictures of it.
    Thanks for sharing the recipe with others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it yummy cold? The only problem, I don't know if I can wait for it to get cold it's so good. Thanks again for the recipe.

      Delete
  8. Oooooh, this looks delicious, Wanda, and I'll bet it was even better cold! My Love has a thing for baseball hats, too! Those things pile up everywhere! LOL! blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have to vote for cold. Yes, we have piles of them in the closet...piles in the garage..and as you can see...piles on his head...tee hee.

      Love and Hugs

      Delete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)