Made Apricot~White Chocolate~Walnut Scones yesterday. They are cooling on the washing machine. When I walked in and saw the filtered sunlight I thought it looked good enough for a cooking magazine.
I did find the English Double Devon Cream at one of our local grocery stores in the speciality section, and with a spoon Raspberry
preserves, it was a delightful breakfast.
Today I had a "Wanda Day". Just took off this morning, left my dearest to fend for himself (which he does nicely) and just enjoyed a day out!
- Mailed a Goodie Box off to our friend in Texas.
- Picked up some new blush and mascara.
- Had lunch at the Black Cow. It's really cold today, so the "Bowl of Comfort" as it was listed on the menu was what I ordered. French Onion soup with melted cheese and warm bread. Steaming hot coffee with lots of cream.
- Then off to find a new pastry blender. (Mine of many many years broke). Couldn't find one at Target or Walmart. In fact the girl looked at me when I said "pastry blender" like I was asking for a foreign object.
- Next stop was a visit with Elizabeth and she showed me some tatting she had done when she was younger and making dolls. You know what tatting is? I'm going to take a picture next time I visit her to show you. I remember my mother tatting trim for my little dresses.
- Last stop was the Thrift Shop where I found a like new large plastic bin which I'm using for storing all the Seasonal Decorations. It was a third of the price of a new one.
What did you do today?