Monday, December 17, 2012

YMCA CHRISTMAS POTLUCK

 
Today was the YMCA "Silver Sneakers" Christmas Potluck. I think we all enjoyed eating more than the workouts we are usually doing at this time.  A nice break, delicious food (these folks really know how to do a potluck) and joining together to sing Christmas Carols.
 
There was a drawing for two Christmas Baskets, and I bought 6 raffle tickets for $5.00 and lo and behold...one of my tickets was pulled from the bag, and I brought home this lovely Christmas Basket in the bottom picture.  It's just full of cookies, candies, crackers, candles and a bottle of wine!!  Pretty good for $5.00.
 
Got two boxes mailed off to our daughter and SIL in Oregon today, so all I have left is putting together my goodies baskets for the family.  What did you do today?

9 comments:

  1. Looks like great fun! Wow, the goodie basket has some of my favorites in it!
    I did grocery shopping in prep for my older brother and his adult daughter who will be visiting with us on Sat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really fun, Mildred. And Don has already been digging in the basket. HaHa.

      Delete
  2. Well how exciting that you won a basket! It's only right, you know, since you've been making them and giving them away! :) Very fun!

    I ate out all day and window shopped. ha. Lunch out...dinner out....I'm ready to stay home tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so totally surprised when my number was read...I don't usually win anything at those raffles.

      Your day sound fun, but those kind can wear you out.

      Did you see Martha's "Powdered Sugar Post"? A good chuckle!

      Delete
  3. What a happy surprise!!! Have a very Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How nice to have you stop by Lady Jane...A Merry Christmas right back to you!

      Delete
  4. How fun! With all the goodies in the basket, I think they just wanted to insure that you would come back (for more exercise, that is, - after you enjoyed the goodies!)

    Today was spent making batch after batch of tea for all the coughers and sneezers around here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan, I did go right back today and did my hour of exercise!!! Then tonight, Don and I had some carmel chocolate popcorn..oh well, tomorrow is another day! Haha

      Sorry your tea making was for a party...those coughs and sneezes are no fun this time of year. Hoping every is well soon.

      Delete
    2. Good for you! Mmmm --caramel chocolate popcorn. Sounds yummy!

      Delete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)