Sunday, December 23, 2012

THE WINDOWS OF HEAVEN ARE OPEN ~

 
The Windows of Heaven opened up in Church this morning and Blessing after Blessing came down.  The first was our children putting on the Christmas Story.  Would you look at this row of Angels ~~ Just waiting to fill the sky with glorious music.

 
And since everyone in Dante's class are girls and angels...we needed a Shepherd so they would have someone to sing too..HaHa  BTW Dante is my next door neighbor and a delightful young man who loves playing with Nick and Jon when they come to Grandmas.


Then after Church, the Blessings kept falling as several others did Christmas baking and shared it with me and my dearest.  Homemade sugar cookies our Pastor's wife is famous for.  Yummy.

 
And then there's Jessica.  She just is Miss Experiment in the kitchen and tries all kinds of things for the first time.  This year one of them was a pumpkin roll, which was delicious and now homemade taffy!  You Rock Jessica.
 

 
Saving one of the best for last, I was overjoyed at the gift from Barbara and Marlin.  Her homemade scones.  Apricot, white chocolate, nut is my favorite, and she added some English Clotted Cream and Raspberry preserves and on that scone...to die for...May I say one bite, and I was floating right up to heaven!
 
 
And she added enough to last me several mornings, if Don will stay out of them. TeeHee.  No, I'll share!!!
 
I'm singing that song..."The windows of heaven are open, the blessings are falling tonight...."
 
Merry Christmas to my blog friends...you are all blessing falling into my life.

10 comments:

  1. Scones with clotted cream! I didn't know you could buy clotted cream over here. There's my Christmas wish right there. Pie and ice cream others can have but clotted cream with scones and strawberry jam,now that's for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris ~ I'll check with my friend where she purchased it. But there is a website on the jar. www.thedevonecreamcompany.com

      I had heard of it, but never tasted it. It's so smooth..not sweet, just creamy smooth, and with a touch of raspberry preserves..Oh my turns a scone into a heavenly delight.

      Delete
  2. How wonderful to have friends swamp you with lovely heart-felt gifts! And your Christmas program at church sounds lovely. I always enjoy the kids performing!

    I've never had clotted cream! You have enough goodies to last a good while!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The program was so cute. Only as kids can preform. You can have your professional put on a magnificent concert, but this one just made my day.

      I had never tasted clotted cream..but I'm hooked. Not sweet, just smooth and creamy. With a touch of the raspberry preserves it was perfect.

      Delete
  3. Okay, what is clotted cream? I love scones. But never heard of or had clotted cream.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure how they process it, but the ingred. say Pasteurised Clotted Cream, From Cows milk.

      Says The Devon Cream Company, Corsham, England.

      One thing I do know...It's delicious.

      Delete
  4. We had a church full of angels and shepherds tonight, but the sheep stole the show. (One of them was little Alex who I used to babysit.) They got a little restless at the end, played with the microphone (it must have been turned off), and hopped up and down the steps. I think it must pay off when your grandpa is the pastor. All four sheep were his grandkids. :)

    Scones and clotted cream... I don't believe that's on my shopping list. But maybe it should be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't Christmas pagents with the little kids the best. I look forward to that each year. And those little lambs...

      Wish I could share a scone and clotted cream with your tomorrow morning. Probably should have English Breakfast tea instead of coffee.

      Delete
  5. It all looks wonderful Wanda, and those scones have just reminded me to bake some for my daughter. Have a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would imagine you know what clotted cream is? Do you put it on your scones.

      I think I was born in the wrong place, as I love English, and European food.

      Merry Christmas Dave, to you and all those you hold dear.

      Delete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)