Wednesday, December 19, 2012

SHEPHERD'S PIE


Last night we watched the movie "The Nativity".  It's our favorite movie on the Birth of Christ.  I love the old Shepherd in the movie, and his joy at seeing his Messiah.  In fact, thinking of shepherds, it seemed only right to make "Shepherd's Pie" for dinner tonight.

On a chilly evening it was the perfect meal before we go out carolling with our Church tonight.  I haven't been carolling since we retired, and I'm excited to visit some Rest Homes near the Church and sing those special Carols.

Keep an ear open, we'll be singing real loud ~ maybe you can catch the refrain...."Oh Little Town of Bethlehem. . . . . "

8 comments:

  1. I can hear you from hear and I think I smell that delicious shepherds pie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All you have to do is visit a Rest Home to count your blessings. I grumble sometimes because of a hitch in my hip, but how thankful I can walk, and not confined to a bed or wheel chair.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a perfect evening.
    Resting tonight before the marathon Christmas Eve services begin again.
    Leftover Chicken Divan and salad.
    Brrrrr...Its really cold tonight.
    It's a nice evening to be inside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I think the leftover Chicken Divan is better than the first time around. I love leftover chicken casserole too.

      Thinking of you on your marathon...

      Delete
  3. How I love Shepherd's Pie! I know you all will bless many tonight with your joyful voices.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, those people will be thrilled to have carolers! How fun! And your pie looks delicious...I really need to try to make that some time! I didn't grow up with it, but it looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Betsy, they all brighten up, and many wished us a Merry Christmas.

      My Shepherd Pie, is not your tradtional recipe... I've come up with my own that is very simple using canned roast beef, and instant garlic mashed potatoes. If you want to know the rest of what I put in it, I'll be happy to share. Ready in 30 minutes.

      Delete
  5. Bet it was a fun time Wanda! I need to find that DVD and watch it before Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)