Saturday, December 22, 2012

IS THAT YOUR FINAL ANSWER?




 
 It was cold and I was on my way into the bank to get some cash. Four young people sat huddled by the door waiting for a bus that comes just down the street. As I was getting my cash out, it seemed to me I was being prompted to give them some money. I sent up a little prayer and said Lord, am I hearing you? The prompting was even stronger so I took an extra $20 out.
 
As I stepped out the door of the bank, I stopped and ask them if they could tell me the true meaning of Christmas. One young man, thought a minute, and said Family..being with your family??   I said that's a good answer, but not the right one.
 
 I'll give you a hint. It's in the word CHRISTMAS".  His eyes lit up, and he said... Oh yeah. The night Christ was born.  I said YES, that's the right answer.  The most important birth of all time.  Now here's $20 go next door to Starbucks and get all of you a nice hot drink before the bus comes and don't forget to share what the true meaning of Christmas is..
 
What smiles and thanks you I got as they headed to Starbucks......I glad I listened to the prompting of the Lord and planted a few seeds.  Who knows who might come along in each of their lives and water, and somewhere down the road...someone just might reap a harvest.
 
Picture from googleimages.com
.

15 comments:

  1. LOVE this Wanda. Plant the seeds and let God send another to water and cultivate. What a wonderful thing....thanks for sharing it...so inspirational. They will never forget this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's sure a Biblical principle isn't it. Sowing and reaping. I heard of a Missionary that labored years without a single convert. After she died, another missionary came, and because her tireless loving work, a whole village came to know the Lord. Sowing and reaping. I love it too.

      Delete
  2. Giving is so much fun at Christmas, especially in Jesus' name. And to think I sat home all day. I could have been out there dropping dollar bills into red kettles or something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't decide which one. They all sound yummy. :)

      Delete
    2. I won't be able to to that very often...but that day I knew it was the right thing to do. I think I'll try the Toffee Nut one!

      Delete
  3. How wonderful and amazing! Brought tears to my eyes! Such a simple gesture and yet so powerful! I tried the toffee nut but boy oh boy was it wayyyyyyyy to sweet for me. Turns out, it is the norm to put four shots of the flavored sweetener. The guy told me that next time I should ask for one shot -- but I'm thinking even that might be too much. Have a great day! Tammy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the heads up, Tammy. I usually get a vanilla latte and only get one pump! You are right...they are really too sweet for me too.

      I read a wonderful book some time ago called "Seizing the Divine Moment", and it was doing kind gestures when a special moment presented itself.

      Delete
  4. you are such an inspiration you are, Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laurie ~ Just got back from reading your Sunday post...Perhaps we inspire each other...What a blessing your Sunday Sketch is.

      Delete
  5. Ah that is so very wonderful brought tears to my eyes!!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the Season to be giving, isn't it? I only hope I will aways be sensitive to the prompting of the Holy Spirit in my life.

      Sending love and hugs to you, Conrad and those darling kids.

      Delete
  6. I love how you were obedient to that Divine appointment.
    What a beautiful example of listening and acting.
    I want to have my ears tuned like that too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all have something we can do. All our servanthood to others is an Investment in Eternity, don't you think?

      Delete
  7. Oops, forgot to say that I really like a hot Chai Latte for a pick me up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's our daughter Jill's favorite.

      Delete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)