Monday, December 10, 2012

FRIENDS FROM UP NORTH AND PRESENTS GALORE


We had a wonderful Sunday.  Our long time friends (that we call family) were enjoying the sights and sounds of Disneyland for Christmas with their daughter and grandson.  They stopped by on their way home Sunday afternoon and we laughed, cried, shared a bucket of KC Chicken and opened wonderful presents they brought for us.

They were in our Church for the 27 years we were there.  We were by Karen's bedside when Dani was born.  We were at Dani bedside when Levi was born.  That's why we call them family.  Levi calls me Grandma GG.  A treasured memory for Christmas 2012.

They know us well, and we had so much fun opening the gifts they brought.  The top picture shows a Christmas Hat Box for me, also a beautiful white and gold stole.   Three jars of homemade jam, and a bag of this years almonds from there orchard.  The left picture is the fabulous quilt Karen made me with "hats".  How special and I love the colors. 

You probably guessed the "Fartless Chili Makins" was for my dearest.  What a "hoot".  Think we'll use this at the next
Chili Cook off at Church.  He also go a "Grumpy" coffee mug that didn't get in the picture.


I love the picture of Don with this family he had so much love and ministry in their lives.  One of the treasure of ministry are people like this.  Karen played the piano at the Church the entire 27 years we were there, and many times when she was battling many health issues.

Thanks for taking the time to share my post and our friends.


13 comments:

  1. Oh, how fun! What a nice time you had...and wonderful presents!

    Those chili fixins are hilarious. "Hoot"? I guess that's better than "toot". lol....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Betsy, you win the prize for the "toot" comment. I love it. Wish I had thought of it. HaHa.

      It was a delight day, and I hated to see it end, but they had to leave in time to get back for some finals Dani had at college.

      Delete
    2. I'm sure they had fun, too! I just know you make everyone feel loved and welcome in your home!

      Delete
    3. It's been my desire to have a warm and friendly home. I love to entertain, and find most like it simple and spend the time visiting.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It really was. Good way to start the Christmas Season.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a wonderful Sunday.Catching up with old,dear friends is always fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because we were in our Church up North for 27 years, we really bonded and made some life long friends. It was a delightful time.

      Delete
  4. What a special family! I love that you were able to spend time with them : ). You have had so many beautiful people weave love int your lives over the years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You share so many pictures of family I know we share in our love of those dear to us, and how we can express it. Wish I could invite you over to our little cottage!! Sending Christmas Love.

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. True friends are getting rare these days and it is certainly a blessing to consider friends as families.

    I'm sure you had a great time with them as much as they did with your family. Your background picture looks very Christmas-y Ms Wanda. It's beautiful.

    Advance blessed Christmas! *warm hug

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fardia ~ You always have the sweetest comments, and I'm so glad you visit.

      I thought the background looked festive, as I also love quilts.

      Delete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)