Monday, December 31, 2012

ENDING OF DAYS ~ BEGINNING OF DAYS


That was the title of the message my dearest preached yesterday at the Church we attend.  Pastor Jon took the last Sunday of the year off, and ask Don to preach for him.  It was a powerful message about the transition from Moses (ending of days) to Joshua (beginning of days).  That is one of the things I miss most in retirement, is hearing my dearest preach week after week, but very thankful that Pastor Jon has him fill in from time to time.

For me, every end and beginning of a new years finds me deciding how I will read through the Bible again in a year.  The One Year Bible was my choice for 2012, and that is the Ending of Days and it's been a wonderful read.  If you are not familiar with it, each day you read a portion of the Old Testament, the New Testament, Psalms and Proverbs.  At the end of the year, you have completed the Bible from Genesis to Revelation. My One Year Bible is the New Living Translation.  I'm loaning it to a friend to use for 2013.

This year I will be reading through the Bible with the Life Walk Guide, that starts in Genesis and works it way through Revelation with a daily reading schedule, a  little cometary and timeline.  Along  with my Prayer Journal, my 1000 Gift Journal.  I will be using my good old NIV that been my faithful companion for many years.

My verse for 2013 will be:

 "Look carefully then how you walk!  Live purposefully and worthily and accurately, not as unwise and witless, but as wise, sensible, intelligent people.  Make the very most of the time, buying up each opportunity . . . Therefore, do not be vague and thioughless and foolish, but understanding and firmly grasping what the will of the Lord is"  Ephesians 5:15-17 (Amplified Bible)

Do you have any plans for your Spiritual Journey in 2013.  I would love to hear what yours is.

10 comments:

  1. How special to get to listen to your Dearest! I have been pondering what my plan will be this year and have considered the One Year Bible plan. Guess I better get with it.

    A blessed new year to you and your Dearest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nonnie... I've been working on my 1000 gift journal, or daily blessings, and hit 1000 today...so will continue that in 2013 too.

      Blessing and joy for a wonderful New Year.

      Delete
  2. I'm using the devotional "Jesus Calling" and the verses suggested each day.
    Dave and I are getting back into a Small Group this January.
    Its a great group of new people to learn and grow with. We're looking forward to it.
    I am continuing my attempts at journaling. Life seemed to get in the way of my being consistent with it. Trying to keep it at the top of my list.
    How wonderful to be able to hear your Dearest preach again. I like the Endings and Beginning theme.
    Wishing you a Blessed and Joyous New Year Wanda and am looking forward to being together again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really think Don and I should get involved in a small couples group. I will be going to Wed. night prayer meeting, but that's a different format.

      It was really nice hearing Don preach.. I never got tire of that.

      Blessing for you and Dave for a great new year. I think we may be able to go to Tahoe somewhere around April...will let you know when we know for sure.

      Delete
  3. I like your idea of reading the Bible in one year and the books you suggest to set up the reading. I may buy one of them.
    Happy New Year to you, full of blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have found it really rewarding. And I've learned, that if I miss a few day, and get behind... I just jump right back in on the current day. That we you don't get so discouraged it you mess up. It's a good Spiritual Discipline, and I need that in my life.

      Happy New Year, and blessings.

      Delete
  4. such an inspiration you are for me, I said last year I would make it though the bible cover to cover but I didn't, I even bought one in large print ( my old bible the print was so small) , this is my desire for 2013, I sometimes read again and again a passage, I will achieve my goal this year, have a wonderful New Years eve and a happy and healthy 2013

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just realized I answered your comment by email. But it's true I think God brought us together to inspire each other.

      Happy New Year and blessings for a peaceful and joyful 2013.

      Delete
  5. Working my way through Genesis with BSF this year... a real blessing. hugs ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was involved in BSF for years when we lived up North and were in fulltime ministry.

      Searching out and studying the Scriptures is such a blessing.

      Delete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)