Tuesday, December 4, 2012

ELIZABETH ~ 96 YEARS YOUNG TODAY


Today Elizabeth celebrated her 96th Birthday.  Unfortunately she was not feeling up to par, but it didn't stop her from visiting and opening her presents.  The care giver took the picture and I don't think Elizabeth heard her say "Cheese".  Even thought she was under the weather we had a really nice time, and had a few laughs too.  She really liked the blouses I took her.  I think she'll look pretty in the black and red one.  Very festive.  Her family are coming tonight, and since she's not feeling well, they will stay in instead of taking her out for dinner.

I read her the Christmas Story from the Rhyme Bible, and she enjoyed hearing the story and seeing the watercolors.  Her mind is so sharp.  We were discussing cancer, and how her two brothers and two sisters died from cancer much younger than she is.  She has never had a surgery (except cataracts) Here is her logic, and I like it.  Why don't cancer researchers test people like her, and find out why she doesn't have cancer, instead of testing everyone who has it. 

She is just so interesting and I look forward to each visit.  Reminds me so much of my Aunt Cassie that lived to 98.  Some of you remember her stories several years ago when I had my Brushstrokes from the Heart Blog.

9 comments:

  1. I hope Elizabeth feels better very soon. I know she enjoyed your visit/gifts so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is such a trooper..even though she wasn't feeling really well, you was so happy to have the visit for her Birthday.

      Delete
  2. Wanda you are so thoughtful. There are so many lonely people that are
    confined to home or Nursing homes.

    We have been so thankful that my
    husband's stepmother who is 95,
    still plays the piano at church,
    goes to Child Evangelism every week as a volunteer. She bakes homemade bread for a neighbor who
    is older than her.
    Dad has been gone since 2007 and
    she has e-mailed us everyday since
    if not more often and we talk a lot on the phone. Her mind is still sharp.
    Your friend is right, the researchers should be checking
    the older people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Joy, what a wonderful story. Thank you so very much for sharing this dear lady. I'm very familiar with Child Evangelism as I had a Good News Club for years on my front lawn when we lived in Santa Barbara. That was 40 years ago. But it's a great organization!

      Delete
  3. Joy's comment reminds me of our friend Vada who, so far as I know, still works with Child Evangelism Fellowship too. (Some people never really get old!)

    I hope Elizabeth is feeling better soon! Thank you for being her friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Martha, these comments just bless my heart, and how age has nothing to do with servanthood, and ministry. God bless both this woman and the woman in Joy's comment. I'm touch!

      Delete
  4. she is right on. They should test people like her. What a great ideal. Glad you had a great time with her. I am sure you made her day special.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Smart lady...lots of wisdom in 96 years of living...I hope she lives a lot longer, because I'm just getting to know her. I know that's rather selfish, but she such a delight to me.

      Delete
  5. So glad you got to visit Elizabeth. She is just a few months younger than Ann's mom. We can learn so much from them.

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)