Monday, December 24, 2012

CHRISTMAS WRAPPED UP WITH RIBBON AND LOVE

 
This morning my dearest brought in the folding table so I would have a place for my "Assembly Line" to make the Christmas Baskets for our adult children's families.

 
 With all the baking from the last 3 weeks, filler for the baskets, Christmas items and ribbon, I was ready to fill each basket with love, personal items, love, homemade baked goods, love, and tie it all up with Ribbon and LOVE!


Thank goodness I have neighbors with a big freezer, as my little freezer would only hold a few of these goodies.

This has been the best Christmas for me.  Listening to beautiful Christmas Carols sharing the Birth of our Savior as I baked, wrapped and got ready for tonight and tomorrow.
 
Tonight we will spend Christmas Eve with our daughter Julie and her family and tomorrow the whole "clan" will be together at our oldest daughter, Michel's home.  There will be about 20 of us and looking forward to loving on all of them big time.
 
My New Header, is all the finished Christmas Baskets.  I'm really pleased with the way the turned out.  Since none of my kids are bloggers..I won't spoil the surprise.
 
What are you doing Christmas Day?

8 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas! The baskets turned out beautifully, Wanda. When I was a child, mama would bake cakes for Christmas and keep them in our neighbor's freezer until Christmas. That neighbor is still alive; she just turned 90 and I speak with her several times per week.
    Wishing you all a very blessed time of fellowship as we celebrate the birth of our Savior.
    Hope you will share lots of pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mildred how nice that you keep in touch with your mom's neighbor. I think these elderly women are so full of wisdom and stories. I so enjoy my visits with Elizabeth.
      Wishing you and those you love a Merry Christmas.

      Delete
  2. Yes...and love is the best part! Glad to see you put extra of that in there! haha. Since I make up baskets like this myself, I personally know just how much fun you had doing this. Your assembly line was a great idea and the finished baskets in your header are wonderful!

    It's just the six of us tomorrow! We invited a few who didn't have anywhere to go, but they have all made other plans. But that's ok...our Christmas has been quiet and low key and special like that. I'm content with lavishing love on my 5 men...it's the last one with just us since next year we'll have a daughter-in-law. Who knows if they will be with us on Christmas Day or with the other side of the family! ha.

    I've made our favorite things to eat...ham, shrimp cocktail, stuffed mushrooms, 7-layer salad and a blackberry marbled cheesecake. I think we'll eat and open gifts and watch old Christmas movies.

    Enjoy your big clan tomorrow, Wanda! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you small family Christmas will be sweet and intimate. Our daughter, Jill in Oregon is doing the same thing. Just the two of them. I hope they enjoy going through their boxes I sent. Hopefully, next year they can be with us.

      Delete
  3. Merry ho-hos. It has been a great yeàr. You guys have msde it most enjoyable. Enjoy the holy day tomarrow and hug the kids for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tom, how I wish we could celebrate together some Christmas. You never know..Don's always checking out cheap flights....Have your suitcase ready... HaHa.
      Merry Christmas dear freind!!!

      Delete
  4. The Christmas baskets are beautiful~ I know that everything you do is filled with love! Blessings to you and yours, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas Tammy...I'm so glad we became blogger friends this year. What a blessing you are to me.

      Yes, I was pleased with the baskets, and can't wait to give them to our kids today.

      Delete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)