Sunday, November 11, 2012

TOM GOT INSPIRED ~ 1000 GIFTS


 
This is my dearest and our long time and special friend Tom from Texas.  This picture was taken at the Ronald Regan Library when Tom visited us a couple years ago.
 
You might see him comment on my blog from time to time.  He got a great sense of humor and great story teller.  He said he enjoyed my 1000 gift journal, and it inspired him to list a few of his blessing and things he's thankful for...  The following is the list he emailed me. I love it, he already had too many to number!!! Thanks Tom...You are big time on my list.

"Sunday mornings, taps, rain drops, thunder, motorcycles, candy makers, word like "alluring, apothecary, and hospice", lanterns, yo-yos, well water, sponges, Maine, old theaters, haunted places, hotels, grills named Shorty's, cameras, fantasy, helicopters, story tellers, foot long coney, travel, Santa Barbara, bare feet, kings (both burger and lion), sun glasses, do-dads, scallywags, blankets from the dryer, dimples, dvds, the number 19, wallpaper, Mexican tile, hanging vines, presidential homes, golf courses, lobster, gutters, tombstones, Graceland, airports, court houses, warm syrup, Christmas trees, neighbors, down town, short stops, reptiles, soldiers, thunder, drawers, darkness, taters, remote controls, blue bonnets, mystery, sci-fy, science, pot bellied stoves, stones, stereo, 4 part harmony, cashews, longhorns, beards, cigars, eagles, handrails, dancers, seeded dandylions, wishbones, mighty mouse, Lucy, girls with boys names, lipstick, ties, bracelets, doghouses, sprinklers, pyrotechnics, olives, kickoffs, veterans, silly string, stamps, westerns, sage, Fuddruckers, buses,
baskets, fish tackle, jugs, jalopies, malts, rockets, angels, violins, streams, sleep.
 

Glass blowers, printing, blacksmiths, bakers, pencils, blueprints, saddles, x-rays, burps, shoe strings, razors, tepees, sneezes, street sweepers, air conditioning, socks, palm trees, shoe shine man, gardens, park benches, whistlers, windmills, silence, bacon, lore, work, bridges, flags, barges, purpose, lily pads, morphine, pirates, sharks, spinning wheels, champions, high wire acts, helmets, character, youth, daring, caps, floormats, batteries, plastic forks, goal posts, checks, flutes, bruises, rye, buckles, bells, race cars, towers, shields, pie, nutschell, handkerchief, rick shays, brooms, tractors, chilled mugs, stain glass."
Tom you need to start a blog ~

10 comments:

  1. YES, Tom needs to start a blog. This is a lyrical list! And, so many of the things my heart went, "yes!!" to included!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tanna I was hoping you would see this, as this is the Tom that lived in Tyler, and you've been faithful to pray for during his stroke and recovery.

      I really want him to start a blog because he is such a fun and interesting guy. I know it would be a hit!!

      Delete
  2. I love Tom's list too and found myself smiling at many of his entries. He has exactly the right idea in finding the gift in what many of us consider "everyday". Some of my favorites; candy makers, bare feet, blankets from the dryer, tombstones, pot bellied stoves, silly string, whistlers, and silence. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Martha, I felt the same way. I love blankets from the dryer!! You would love Tom, he's the dearest kind of friend. I really am going to encourage him to start blogging.

      Delete
  3. I just told Don "I was sure why I was doing, that only the three would read it." I am honored to be in your space. Thanks to Tanna for prayers in my behalf. Tom from Texas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tom, Tom...Sorry I didn't have a newer picture of you as I know you are many pounds thiner now. My friends are loving you list, so keep it going...You are a blessing!!

      Delete
  4. Utterly delightful.
    Like the others I smiled and thought how perfectly said.
    Being thankful for the simple everyday things.
    Way to go Tom and thanks Wanda for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Sue..he thought of so many more things than I ever did. But I love his list. Warms my heart!

      Delete
  5. What a great list, Tom! :) Very fun and I agree with a lot of those things! Suddenly I'm hungry for a foot long hot dog! haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could go for a foot long myself!! As I took warm clothes out of the dryer, I was thinking how good they feel on a cold day.

      Delete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)