Wednesday, November 21, 2012

THANKSGIVING PRAYER

 
A Thanksgiving Day Prayer
Lord, so often times, as any other day
When we sit down to our meal and pray

We hurry along and make fast the blessing
Thanks, amen. Now please pass the dressing

We're slaves to the old factory overload
We must rush our prayer before the food gets cold

But Lord, I'd like to take a few minute more
To really give thanks to what I'm thankful for

For my family, my health, a nice soft bed
My friends, my freedom, a roof over my head

I'm thankful right now to be surrounded by those
Whose lives touch me more than they'll ever possibly know

Thankful Lord, that You've blessed me beyond measure
Thankful that in my heart lives life's greatest treasure

That You, dear Jesus, reside in that place
And I'm ever so grateful for Your unending grace

So please, heavenly Father, bless this food You've provided
And bless each and every person invited

Amen!

Have a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving.

Prayer taken from Christian Google prayers.

7 comments:

  1. So lovely. Thanks for the reminder. Beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen and Amen.
    I'm so very thankful that you and Don are a part of our lives.
    Have a wonderful day tomorrow.
    We'll talk soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, thank you and have a blessed day with the family. I am going to use this for my FB. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This little poem says it all. Thank you for sharing it with us.
    Have a blessed Thanksgiving with your loved ones. Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Thanksgiving Wanda and Don!

    Loved the prayer so much I added it today to the Daily Prayer blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wanda, that was beautiful. I put it on my facebook for all to see. Hope you have great day. LUV U

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I love the prayer! So sweet and true!

    Hope you're having a lovely day! We're all comatose with food and football can be faintly heard in the family room. ha.

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)