Tuesday, November 20, 2012

JUST LIKE NEW


July 4, 2000 I bought my little Nissan Sentra.  After 12 years I have truly enjoyed this car, and it's served me well.  Unfortunately, we have not always had a garage, and after so many years, it was really showing it's age, with peeling paint, and a few dents and dings but still runs like a charm and gets great gas mileage.


On October 4 of this year, a young woman pulled in front of me, and we had a little "fender bender".  My front bumper and fender was damaged and my hood tweaked.  Since the insurance was going to pay for the damage and repair of the front end, I decided it was time to have all the body work done, and a new coat of paint.  Insurance paid for the front, I'll pay for the back..sounded like a good deal.

The company that fixed my car deal with Nissan and were able to use the Nissan Jade Green paint that was my original color so it looks like it did when I drove it off the lot in 2000.  It's like having a new car, but one that I know like the back of my hand.

I'm very THANKFUL this Thanksgiving for my little Nissan.

15 comments:

  1. thats wonderful, looks great, glad it was a minor fender bender!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I was very thankful it was minor. No one hurt..as we were both going at a slower speed.

      The good that came from it is nice.

      Delete
  2. Looks like new!! So happy for you. Also glad the young lady had insurance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the insurance covered everthing relating to the accident. That was a blessing too.

      Delete
  3. It does look like new! How nice! A little lemon turned into lemonade! Don't you love that comfortable feeling when you know your car that well? You can fix the lights or wipers without even thinking!

    Back when I repo-ed cars at work, it was quite a thrill (in a bad way) to jump into an unfamiliar car and drive it away...no time for adjusting the seat, mirrors or figuring out where the A/C button was. hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Betsy, every time I think of you being "Little Miss Re-po" I just get tickled. When I told Don you used to do that, he said..Betsy? The little gal with the triplets?... Yep, that little Betsy!!

      Before I wasn't concerned where I parked...now I'm looking at everything near me... HaHa

      Delete
    2. sometimes I can't believe I did that myself! Such a fun, interesting job...that really stretched and grew this little sheltered, quiet girl. haha.

      Had to take a little baking break and stop in to say hi. I'm thankful for you, Wanda. You are a treasure. Happy Thanksgiving to you and Don! xo

      Delete
  4. It does look new. Hope you are enjoying a nice Thanksgiving week, Wanda.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The count down is on....Tomorrow I bake a pecan pie, and finish up the back yard, setting up the tables. About 20 family gathering in our back yard.
      Thursday morning very early, Turkey will go in the oven, dressing will be made, and salad fixed and in the frig. The kids are bringing the rest.
      Have a blessed Thanksgiving, dear friend.

      Delete
  5. How nice to have a trusty car all prettied up with great paint and body work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's like an old friend...but a new look.

      Delete
  6. I bought my Malibu in July of 2000.
    I know exactly how you feel. Love that car.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rose, we both have old "friends" we love. So glad to have you stopping by! Have a great Thanksgiving.

      Delete
  7. How great is that Wanda! I had a 1980 Sentra wagon and loved it! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bob...I trust you and Ann will have a blessed Thanksgiving.

      Delete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)