Thursday, November 29, 2012

Good Bye Mr. Turkey ~ Hello Christmas

The transition is made.  The last of Mr. Turkey ended up in a pot pie last night!  I must say his final contribution was as good as the first.

With Thanksgiving behind, I set my focus on decorating for Christmas.  Brought in my artificial tree (had for years) and begin to set it up...after a few minutes, knew it was a lost cause.  Fake pine needles all over the carpet, and one small string of lights working.   As I vacuumed up the mess, I was debating about a small "real" tree this year, as that's all I have room for. 

I knew I wanted a couple of poinsettias for the front porch and kitchen window, but when I got to "Doit" (our local Lowes type store) I couldn't believe the size and prices of the poinsettias.  So as you can see from my cart.... I came home with three.  One is large and will sit in the corner on the table where the tree usually goes.

I think I'm going to like this...I'm in the kitchen this morning making Pumpkin Bread with the pumpkin I cooked the other day

Going to visit Elizabeth this after noon and take her a little loaf.  What's on your agenda today?

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I'm sure enjoying the collage I can make now for several pictures, called Monkey Pic. It does make nice layouts.

      Delete
  2. This is definitly a Wanda picture,so Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, how fun to get a comment from you. I hope you will come and visit often. Don always says "if you want to know what's going on with us..check Wanda's blog."

      I really enjoy my little kitchen here.

      Delete
  3. you are just so beautiful standing in your kitchen,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you Laurie. I guess it's obvious I'm a girly girl..All dressed up to bake!!! That's me. The Apron was made for me years agon by a friend at it says Wanda's Kitchen.

      Delete
  4. I took one child to school (we missed the bus...), two dogs to the vet (thankfully My Darling was there to help), and tried to figure out where int he world to put a Christmas tree. (My Darling saved the day there too. Hannah will be happy.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Busy, Busy Martha. I just came from your blog, and glad yor darling saved the day, and enjoyed you mom's art.

      Delete
  5. I agree with Laurie...you look lovely in your cozy kitchen baking. I know Elizabeth will appreciate the bread. The poinsettias are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I did have a great visit with Elizabeth. We learning more about each other every time I visit. Found out today she was a redhead like me, before turning silver.

      Delete
  6. Your kitchen looks cheery in it's red and white Christmas attire! :) And I like the idea of using a poinsettia for a tree! You got some lovely big ones!

    Our turkey pot pie was scrumptious, too! I made two 9x13 pans and we ate it for dinner two days in a row. Easy on the cook. ha.

    Your bread sounds yummy and I'm sure Elizabeth really enjoyed your visit and gift!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With just the two of us, we finished off the Turkey Pie tonight..you're right..nice on the cook, two nights in a row!

      Had a delightful visit with Elizabeth, and found out her 96th birthday is Dec. 4. Look forward to celebrating with her.

      Delete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)