Monday, November 26, 2012

FROM THE PORCH TO THE POT

 
This pumpkin spend several weeks on my front porch along with some other Fall decorations. 
 
This morning, all the Fall decorations are packed away, and this pumpkin that served it's purpose on my front porch, is going to serve another purpose in the pot.  When it cools, I will be taking out the seeds, and using the flesh to make pumpkin bread to freeze for Christmas.
 
Thanks Mr. Pumpkin.. you fulfilled your mission and your final destination, will please many taste buds.
 
PS...notice those freckled bananas in the basket...their purpose..Banana Bread!!  HaHa

7 comments:

  1. Mmmmm...two yummy breads! I've used our pumpkins like before...I pureed it and froze it in 1 cup portions. I thought I'd use it for pumpkin bread but most of it went into pumpkin spice pancakes!

    You sound pleasantly busy and productive...love that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmmm.... I can almost smell the good smells from here!! blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waste not, want not. You are the queen of baking. Best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's what we call making good use of time and materials, huh? Sounds like a great plan. A friend gave me a recipe for pumpkin banana bread that was fabulous! Really moist!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wanda, you amaze me.
    You are the Energizer Bunny for sure.
    I'll bet your kitchen smells wonderful.
    Christmas hasn't started appearing at our house yet. I have started my photo note cards for gifts though. They are time consuming and have to be ready by Dec.16th.
    With a mini vacation coming the time is getting too short.
    Love visiting your blog.
    You inspire me.

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)