Tuesday, November 13, 2012

CHRISTMAS GOODIES AT THE THRIFT STORE



Tuesday's is Senior Day at the Thrift Store, and that means 30% off everything.  They were just beginning to put out some Christmas items, so I was just in time.  I got this pretty Christmas platter for $2.00.  It reminds me of Betsy at "My Five Men" with all her lovely bird pictures.  We don't have Cardinals in Southern CA.


I have several Christmas Trivets, but this one caught my eye for less than a dollar.

 
I enjoy baking little loaves of Christmas Bread and baking them in these small pottery pans so I can give as gifts in Christmas baskets.  All three for a dollar!
It's beginning to feel like Christmas.  But I told Don when I got home, one Holiday at a time.  I washed them and they will be put away until we celebrate Thanksgiving!!
 

9 comments:

  1. Oooh....nice finds! Yes, that cardinal one is very pretty!

    Love the little bread pans...perfect for filling and giving as gifts! And what a great price for everything!

    Thrift shopping is so fun, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Orange~Cranberry bread with drizzle and crushed walnuts will look nice on the new platter.

      Thrift shopping is my "retirement" hobby~ and fits in the budget, HaHa

      Delete
  2. Preparing for the Christmas rush! Seems like it just whirrrrrs past so quickly! You always make the best finds, Wanda!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so true Tanna. I try to doing a little each day, but some of it just can't be done ahead. I will not put up my Christmas until after the weekend of Thanksgiving. And I'll do my kitchen first! That where I spend most of my time.
      This was a good day at the Thrift store.

      Delete
  3. What? No cardinals? They have to be my favorite bird! Oh well, I totally agree with you...I adamantly refuse to take down my fall decorations (and they are many) until the day after Thanksgiving! Yes sir one holiday at a time. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it a shame..no cardinals? I have a flock of doves, sparrows, house finces, so I guess I should be happy.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Wanda, your Thrift Store is just amazing. Every time you go you find the best treasures.
    Wonderful platters and dishes.
    I agree, let's get through Thanksgiving first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Took a friend of mine today from Church to the Thrift store to find some Christmas things for her, and her three little girls.

      Delete
  5. I love to shop senior day at the thrift store. You got some great items~

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)