Monday, November 5, 2012

CELEBRATING 75 YEARS

 
 
"WHO KNEW 75 WOULD LOOK THIS GOOD!
 
That was the caption on the tee shirt our daughter Julie gave her dad to wear at his Birthday Celebration Saturday.
 
With Thanksgiving and Christmas coming up so fast, we decided to celebrate his birthday a few weeks early!  So he's not QUITE 75.  Soon, but not yet!
 
It will take some time to gather all the pictures that were taken at the party, so I'll share those a little later.  It was a grand celebration, with about 40 family and very close friends we known over the years.
 
The food was awesome, but the highlight was the "BIRTHDAY ROAST"  provided by his kids.  Hilarious!!  You only roast those you admire, and the love so evident.  Wish I had a video to share.  Our daughter in Oregon could not make it down but send a beautiful tribute to her father which we read before the "Roast".
 
At the conclusion of the party, my dearest said it best!
 
"WE'RE FAMILY ~ AND THAT'S WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT!
FAMILY AND THE LOVE WE SHARE"
 
Happy Birthday Darling...You're the best! 
 



11 comments:

  1. Awesome!!!
    What a celebration that must have been.
    Don is definitely 75 years YOUNG.
    I'm so glad you both have come into our lives.
    That's a terrific portrait too.
    Love ya
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! And the tee-shirt. The years have been good to your sweetheart. What a special time for all of you. Happy Birthday to Don! And many more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh I love this, for some reason it brought tears to my eyes, as if i was right there,

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great photo of Don! Sounds like you all had a wonderful time! Love the T-shirt! The tributes were a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great picture of him! I am happy for all of you that you can celebrate together!
    Happy (early) Birthday to your hon!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to your sweetie! I wish him the very best year. I love all the fun you have with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations.......... 75 years young, and he looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don does make 75 look fabulous!! Wishing him an early Happy Birthday!!! xoxo ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  9. No hair dye, convertible, or pony-tail, aging is not always a crisis! Just a dad, husband, and friend to lots of people who love him. Happy birthday to a guy who deserves to be happy. Tom in Texas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday ~ He looks fantastic! ~ great family and great post ~ (A Creative Harbor) ^_^

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)