Wednesday, October 24, 2012

THE LAKE, THE SHOPS, THE FLAG MAN

 During our trip to Boise, we had a overnight trip to a darling town called McCall.  About a 2 hour drive from Boise.   It was overcast and I love the capture of the lake.  It almost looks like a black and white.  Don's cousin Sue, and her husband Jerry were just fantastic hosts and we enjoyed so many delightful places on this mini trip.
 Oh my goodness, so many cute shops all decked out for Fall.  We stayed in the Holiday Express pictured above and the shop across the street was full of Fall and Christmas decorations.  I got a few of each!
I've never seen the "Little Boy" come out of Don in such a big way until he got to be the "flagman".  In McCall for safety they have flags on both sides of the street to make sure cars see the pedestrians.  We had to keep crossing the street so Don could play "flagman"...We are still laughing.  I just noticed Sue is carrying my purse so I could get the picture.  It had started to sprinkle in the bottom photos.

What a fun trip!!!

8 comments:

  1. It looks like you had a wonderful trip! I hope you had a chance to relax along the way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a sweet post, you write with such love in your words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love Don the Flag Man!
    Your trip looks like so much fun and McCall seems like a town right up your alley.
    I love quaint little places like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some people just like to wave a flag!! Originally came for Sky watch,but this is more fun:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Wanda, you have a lovely blog! Great post. Thank you so much for sharing. Greetings from Montreal, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha...what a cheerful flagman! :)

    Actually, I've never seen such a thing! Really great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like ya'll had a wonderful trip. Such a pretty little town and lovely shops. This country could do with lots of flags as there is little respect for pedestrians of any age. Your baking days sound yummy! I do love baking! Best wishes for a wonderful weekend. Tammy

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)