Thursday, October 18, 2012

OUR BOISE GETAWAY

 Aunt Trula's daughter Sue and hubby Jerry invited us to spend a week getaway in Boise Idaho at their home.  It was just marvelous.  The Fall season was beginning and you can see by the color of the trees we were enjoying every minute of it.  They are die hard Bronco fans so they fitted us out with Bronco Sweat Shirts!  Don is so proud of his, I could hardly get him to take it off!  This is Don with his cousin Sue and Jerry.
 They scheduled our trip so we could attend a Boise State Bronco, and Fresno State (CA) football game.  The famous "Blue" field is much better in person than on TV.  We enjoyed getting our picture taken with the Bronco Statue, but I had a lot more fun after the game sticking my tongue out at the "Real Boise Mascot"...But he started it...He stuck his tongue out at me first!!!!
Speaking of horses.  The field next to Sue and Jerry's property houses 4 horses.  When we would put out some feed by the fence and whistle...they would come running!  That was one of the highlights of the trip, since I've never been around horses, and think they are magnificent animals.

This is just the tip of the iceberg of my pictures...so hope you'll join me for the next few days and see the rest of the trip.

9 comments:

  1. Oh, that sounds like so much fun! Look at those gorgeous orange trees! I guess I didn't realize this was Trula's daughter! So glad you got to go! That Blue Mascot is hilarious! lol....

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love Boise! Our youngest son lives there and we visit every spring. It is a beautiful city.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Horses have always intimidated me slightly, but watching Hannah and her friend Kelly with them is softening my heart. It's easy to see why so young girls many fall in love with them, and maybe some "older" ones too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like it was a great trip. When I was 12, a friend and I were gonna write a book about horses. :) We collected anything we could find about them and used an old typewriter to type of information. Have a wonderful weekend. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pictures Wanda! So glad that you had this chance to get away.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your photos of the trip.
    We have a friend that is the Dr. for the Fresno State team and another friend that lives in Boise and would go nuts at that game rivalry.
    Your picture of dueling tongues is a riot. I can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The trip to the rural area seems like a fun one! I am in love with the fall season and the transformation that takes place during that time of the year. Thanks for sharing the photos and though we do not experience fall in this part of our world, you have allowed me to marvel at it again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. what great photos, looks like you had a wonderful time but I think you have a wonderful time where ever you go! I have joined as a follower again, I made ANOTHER blog, I hope this one is bug free, I missed everyone so much!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks like a good break Wanda. Autumn colours are wonderful, and looking at pictures of the fall in America, it appears that you have more "red" leaved trees than we have here. Very smart blue tops.

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)