Monday, October 22, 2012

DOWNTOWN BOISE

 One day, we just took a tour of downtown Boise.  The State House was so very interesting as they have just completed a renovation.  The marble columns were very impressive.  The grounds are lovely and this statue titled "Hospitality of the Nez Perce was very realistic.  Loved the facial expressions.
 We visited The Bishop's House, a Boise Landmark.  Built in 1889 as a home for Idaho's Episcopal Bishop.  Moved to this spot in 1975 and operated by "Friends of Bishop House".
Flowers abound everywhere downtown, and these are just a few by the Capitol and the Bishop's House.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful flowers and how nice to just play tourist. Your trip seems like you packed a lot into a short time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Passed that capitol building many times during our visits, Boise is such a pretty city.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I always enjoy seeing the capitol buildings in cities!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, amazing photos, thats a beautiful spot!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos of the downtown Boise area! Makes me want to go visit :)

    Thanks for visiting me at Little Homestead on the Hill!

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)