Thursday, September 13, 2012

WANDA'S WATERCOLOR CARDS


My love affair with watercolor started when I received my first little box of watercolors.  I never wanted color crayons again.  As long as I can remember, the feel of paint working it's magic on paper excited me.  I've always loved to send and receive cards. So I combined my two loves, watercolors and cards.  It's been a passion ever since.

I've been painting greeting cards for many years, and this is a Brochure I had before retiring to sharing my cards, and telling a little story about my Watercolor journey.  Back then life, work, kids, church made my watercolor take a seat on the back burner.

Now that I'm retired, I have added many new cards to my collection, and with time and a few adult watercolor classes, I think the collection I have now is more colorful and a bigger variety.

I'm in the process of updating my brochure with my new variety, and then those interested in my cards will have a current collection to view and choose from.

I so appreciate Terra and Tanna for being great friends and sharing my cards on their blogs.  Because of that I've been able to sell a few, and hope to enlarge this endeavor in the future.

In fact, today, Terra is sharing on her blog some of the cards she purchased last week.  Thanks so much Terra.
 

Here are a few of my new ones.



 
If you would be interested in getting one of my new brochures, mention it in your comment. I hope to have them ready before the holidays.


20 comments:

  1. Hello
    Love that you are getting back into this. Yes, I would love a brochure! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heather...You've always been an inspiration, as you are a "daily" artist..that's what it takes. Thanks for you support.

      Delete
  2. Hey Wanda, your cards are inspiring me to write to family and friends, which is a good thing. Yes, I would like a brochure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terra, you are such a great friend and fan of my cards. That is the exact reason I started making cards...I love to send them. I set out my cards when I receive them too.

      Delete
  3. oh Wanda I love your cards, I truly do, I think each one is a treasure, I hate to use the ones you sent me, I want to keep them, lol, I have two I want too frame, ha ha, I have water colored my own cards for years now and know from experience that everyone enjoys something special like this, best wishes on this endeavor, you will be so successful, I just know it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forgot to say how much I love your Fall header, gosh that's a beauty of a pumpkin, looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laurie, the pumpkin is on my little kitchen table, and it's a Soup Tureene. I use it for soup all through the Fall months.

      Delete
  5. Wanda, I so loved the cards you gifted me. I don't want to "share" them and selfishly keep them myself.
    I Would love to have your new brochure.
    Your pumpkin tureen is just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue....use those dang cards...there's more where those came from....HaHaHa.

      How's Dave feeling?

      I love my Pumpkin Soup Tureen. I make a lot of homemade soup in the Fall.

      Delete
    2. He's really feeling okay.
      The cath spot is draining a tiny bit but doesn't hurt and I don't even see any black and blue. I am so grateful he had the procedure in the wrist.

      Yes, Wanda I promise to use the cards!!!
      (:0)

      Delete
  6. Good for you for venturing into the world of commerce! I keep thinking I will and then get cold feet. Tara visited me and I visited her blog and saw your new venture. I'm still catching up from our long trip. What a fabulous time we had. The Lord is good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris, so glad you've had such a good trip and family time.

      Yes, this is a rather scary step for me...let's see what happends.

      Delete
  7. Those cards are beautiful. I would love to be able to paint something so lovely. I would like to have a brochure, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nonnie...You are on my list.

      Delete
  8. I'm visiting from Terra's. Love your art work cards. I would love to have a brochure. I'm your newest follower; hope you'll stop by my blog when you have the time. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just left a message on your blog..I'm a follower, and really enjoyed your blog and profile.

      Delete
  9. Well, of course I want a brochure! :) How great that you're getting back into selling them! My first batch is due to be shipped next week! Not watercolor, though. ha.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wanda - I would love a brochure. I so admire your work - and have absolutely no talent for drawing or painting myself.
    Your fall banner is great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. your paintings are so beautiful!!!! it reminds me of the days when i was in school and used to paint cards for all my friends and relatives... its been years now since i picked up a brush.. but these make me want to!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your cards and saw the post on Terra's blog! I would love to see more of them! Thanks! Hope you're enjoying your trip, too!

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)