Sunday, September 30, 2012

SCARED STIFF!


On any given Sunday morning, I have my Bible, my purse, a plate of cookies, etc. and this morning wasn't any different.  I sat my purse on the wall while I put the cookies and Bible in the car and took the car window sun screens down.  Don had his hands full too, putting his book bag in the trunk.

I NEVER put my purse on the wall, but because the cookies were on a large pottery plate that was rather heavy, I sat my purse down.

We get to Church, I put the cookies on the snack table, and realize I have my Bible and sweater, and NO PURSE!  I went quickly to the car, NO PURSE, and realized I had not picked it up from the wall.

God is good, as my neighbor and his son went to Sunday School with us, and he called his wife, and she went out and "miracle of miracles" 30 minutes later, it was still on the wall.  So she was able to save the day!  You know, ladies....your LIFE  is in your purse.  Wallet, phone, camera, etc, etc, etc.....I am so thanking God made my purse invisible until my sweet neighbor could get it.

When was the last time you were SCARED STIFF!

11 comments:

  1. That would have been very scary. I carry a small purse, I can get money into it, along with my drivers license, library card, hospital cards, golden Buckeye card, a few photos, my list of medications, lipstick, a few aspirin, names, addresses and phone numbers of our kids, and if it's something I need a check for, I take one with me along with my angel ballpoint pin, plus I have a small pair of folding scissors and a small repair kit. This way the purse is always with me, I don't need to set it down anyplace or leave in a shopping cart, my hands are always free. Plus my elbows no longer ache from hauling around a large purse with items I didn't really need.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very smart, Patty. But then I've always thought that!!

      Delete
  2. as soon as I saw the photo I knew what you would be telling us, whew, that was amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Laurie...while my neighbor was calling his wife, I was holding my breath, and praying...when she said it was there...I danced a little dance.

      Delete
  3. Oh brother, do I ever know that panic! I am so very happy for you that your purse was there and you got it back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My face about cracked, I was smiling so big when she said it was there!!!!

      Delete
  4. So very thankful God kept your purse safe.

    I recently misplaced my car keys and was pretty scared.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh car keys are pretty scary when you can't find them.. Been there done that!!

      Delete
  5. I am sure that your heart skipped a beat when you realized you left your purse on the wall. Thank God no one took it!
    Cher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Cher, my heard did stop!! I'm so thankful it was still there for my neighbor to get for me. PTL.

      Delete
  6. To lose a purse is too awful to think about, as you said, our life is in it (almost). How lovely your purse was safe and sound and your prayer was answered with a yes.

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)