Tuesday, September 18, 2012

ON THE ROAD AGAIN


It's no secret I'm a "Country Music" fan.  But I'm selective... I like the old guys, like Willie and Waylon and Johnny and Hank.  Wonder if it could be we're in the same age bracket. HaHa.  Well, Willie is famous for "On the Road Again" and that's were I'm heading once more..

This is the year of travel.  I'm not complaining, I'm just saying I've never traveled this much in one year and it's not over yet!  We had a week in Tahoe in June, a wonderful trip to Oregon in August and now my sister and I are going to take a "Sister Trip" and drive up and see our brother, Hal, who is recovering from a difficult surgery.

The last trip of the year will be to Idaho to visiting cousins.  Then begins...Don's 75th Birthday, Thanksgiving and Christmas.  What a year.

11 comments:

  1. Has this just been a crazy year for all of us? Have a wonderful trip with your sister and spending time with your brother. I like the old country guys too. We went to Luckenbach, Texas earlier this summer. Pretty cool place ... But it was so hot!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone I talk to says the same. Crazy year. Personally, and in the news and world situations.

      I've been to Texas a few times, Dallas, Springfield, and Tyler. Have a dear friend there.

      Delete
  2. Wishing you and your sister a safe and nice trip to visit with your brother. I pray he is improving each day from his surgery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mildred..Talked to him yesterday, and he said he's feeling fantastic. All the pathology reports will be in this week, and then we will know more.

      Delete
  3. As you're now a bit of a nomad I shall play "Gypsy Woman" by Don Williams for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dave, I like Don Williams too. Yes, I'm the Gypsy Woman. Love long skirts, bangles and beads. HaHa

      Delete
  4. Don and I are almost the same age. I will be 75 at Christmas. Oh but you should go up to Idaho in the Spring. It is so beautiful. We go every year to see Owen and Vicki.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris, since the cousins have gifted us the plane ticket, this is the best time for them. I'm sure we'll make another trip some time, and we take your advice and go in Spring.

      Delete
  5. It's great that you are able to travel. Sending healing wishes to your brother. Take care, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tammy...I haven't been on a trip with my sister in a long time. Looking forward to lots of visiting as we drive, and more when we get there.

      Delete
  6. We have that travel bug too. Wish the finances weren't such a bump on the road.
    We have saved some money to take a trip to Disneyland this Fall. Hope it will be at a time that you are home so we can stop by. If not another time in the near future.
    Life gets so crazy at times.

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)